Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint "Factory" Version

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    How is ATRS going to handle the UN marking fiasco?
    Since we started manufacturing our own actions and lowers in 2008 we have been proactive and started producing all of our serialized parts UN compliant from day 1. We felt it would only be a matter of time until Canada elected some moron to ruin the country and adopt this bucket of useless stupidity.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

So with the new barrels, would it be feasable now to get one done with a A2 style foregrip and sight? Even if that ended up being a custom order, would it be feasable with the barrel profile?

Quote Originally Posted by jcoulson64 View Post
    So with the new barrels, would it be feasable now to get one done with a A2 style foregrip and sight? Even if that ended up being a custom order, would it be feasable with the barrel profile?
    From post #29
    "In theory with the right furniture and parts, yes. The FSB will most likely be the problem. We are still looking at what options the barrel supplier has to offer us."

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Crosses fingers...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Are you guys for real, we get a cheaper MV and you're still crying about the price... Just go buy some chinese junk and leave this thread. ( I wish I had infraction points left to tell you guys how I really feel ...lol... )

A big thumbs up to ATRS for making this happen
    Here here!

I was never that impressed with the modern hunter/varmint rifles - not because they are not awesome, but because they were so expensive(or I'm so broke. Lol). Being the same price as other high quality NR 223 rifles is a big plus.

I'm still trying to figure out what my first big purchase will be when I graduate at the end of the year. I always told myself I was going to get a decent car or truck, but this may have changed my mind...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    From post #29
    "In theory with the right furniture and parts, yes. The FSB will most likely be the problem. We are still looking at what options the barrel supplier has to offer us."
    Would a customer be able to order this factory model but with the match barrel for an extra cost?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M16LR.50 View Post
    Would a customer be able to order this factory model but with the match barrel for an extra cost?
    Why not just buy the currently available base model then? It would only be like 200 difference due to the buffer system.

I think Rick is pretty firm on the factory model only having 1 consumer option, that being a collapsible or fixed stock. Anything else would constitute a 'custom' build.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Why not just buy the currently available base model then? It would only be like 200 difference due to the buffer system.

I think Rick is pretty firm on the factory model only having 1 consumer option, that being a collapsible or fixed stock. Anything else would constitute a 'custom' build.

I guess you're correct. I will be buying a varmint model to match my MH - just can't figure out if I should buy the base model in 6.5 grendel or this "factory" option. I want it to be as accurate as possible without breaking the bank since I went to town on my MH already.

CGN Regular
    Good job ATRS. Look how many AR and NR-AR style rifles just went up on EE yesterday.

I truly think you should make more than 1 "factory" configuration though. Maybe 1 Light weight chrome lined, 1 heavy accurate one. You might be able to eat into the NR rifle sales with more configuration.

But then if doing "custom" is what you think you want to focus on, it's none of my business to advise you otherwise. I truly hope you'd be able to go toward "mass producing" these MVs in shorter time.

Quote Originally Posted by M16LR.50 View Post
    We already offer a base model rifle but it comes with the Matchgrade barrel and JP buffer system. The base model rifle IS available in 6.5 Grendel but there is an up charge for the much more expensive bolt assembly.
    The "Factory" rifle is 223/556 ONLY.