Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint "Factory" Version

So........If we wanted a Fortis handguard is the upgrade possible at some point?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klemmy31 View Post
    So........If we wanted a Fortis handguard is the upgrade possible at some point?
    You could change it out later. The problem is having the correct tooling to change the barrel retaining nut without damaging the upper.
    We could certainly make the change for you as obviously we have the tooling. Figure a half hours labor cost to make the change over and the parts if we supply them plus any shipping.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    You could change it out later. The problem is having the correct tooling to change the barrel retaining nut without damaging the upper.
    We could certainly make the change for you as obviously we have the tooling. Figure a half hours labor cost to make the change over and the parts if we supply them plus any shipping.
    Reaction Rod.
    CCFR — CSSA

Spec for spec, what's the weight difference between the MH and the MV?

Quote Originally Posted by M16LR.50 View Post
    Spec for spec, what's the weight difference between the MH and the MV?
    About a lb or a little more. As I recall, the lightest version of the MH is just over 8 lbs while the lightest version of the MH is 7. Was a significant factor in my choice to purchase a MV instead of an MH. Only reluctance was it wasn't available in a big game legal caliber. Now that it is, I'll be buying a second upper...

I've found I just prefer a lighter, handier rifle. I've got a 7 rem mag that's about 9.5 lbs fully loaded so a MV fills a niche for me a MH wouldn't. Had a XCR-M in the past, and as tempted as I was by the MH heavy metal semis just aren't my thing. Eager to see how Grendel is on deer, whether it'll take the place of my 243 tikka or not we'll see...

Honestly, if you've got the budget buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Here here!

I was never that impressed with the modern hunter/varmint rifles - not because they are not awesome, but because they were so expensive(or I'm so broke. Lol). Being the same price as other high quality NR 223 rifles is a big plus.

I'm still trying to figure out what my first big purchase will be when I graduate at the end of the year. I always told myself I was going to get a decent car or truck, but this may have changed my mind...
    Well, if you've got a RELIABLE vehicle, I'd go with the MV first. Vehicles depreciate so rapidly that it's one of the worst things to spend your money on. You'd lose less as a percentage and an absolute amount buying a MV, using it and selling it in if its not what you want. I drive an 8 yr old pickup with 180K km, still a very nice vehicle and left me the budget for an MV. And, if you don't have a reliable vehicle sell it for whatever you can get if at all possible and save up for one first. No bigger money pit than vehicle expenses and upkeep, and if it's unreliable it's never ending...

Congratulations on graduating! Keep at it - it'll be worth it in the end.

Since we started manufacturing our own actions and lowers in 2008 we have been proactive and started producing all of our serialized parts UN compliant from day 1. We felt it would only be a matter of time until Canada elected some moron to ruin the country and adopt this bucket of useless stupidity.
    Atta'man Rick! #tellinitlikeitis

Well these are certainly cool. Glad that you guys are looking at options to get more people into the MV, because from multiple first hand experiences I've heard these are the be all-end all of nr black rifles up here. Knowing the chap on my left shoulder, I'm going to end up with a decked out one to join the MH & a Grendel upper once the coffers recover from current commitments. Are you able to ship uppers with just the Fortis Switch barrel nuts so one rail can be switched between uppers?

Keep up the solid work gents! If feeling extra ambitions, maybe there could be a 'can cannon' upper down the road
    Just a dude up in Canada that likes guns
    Have Faith. Have Freedom. Have Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by 700-223 View Post
    Well, if you've got a RELIABLE vehicle, I'd go with the MV first. Vehicles depreciate so rapidly that it's one of the worst things to spend your money on. You'd lose less as a percentage and an absolute amount buying a MV, using it and selling it in if its not what you want. I drive an 8 yr old pickup with 180K km, still a very nice vehicle and left me the budget for an MV. And, if you don't have a reliable vehicle sell it for whatever you can get if at all possible and save up for one first. No bigger money pit than vehicle expenses and upkeep, and if it's unreliable it's never ending...

Congratulations on graduating! Keep at it - it'll be worth it in the end.
    Wise words man. Minimize fixed expenses to maximize the monthly firearms budget
    Last edited by Arm&Gun; 05-12-2017 at 10:54 PM.
    Just a dude up in Canada that likes guns
    Have Faith. Have Freedom. Have Fun.

I don't see them up yet...is it the "basic"?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 700-223 View Post
    About a lb or a little more. As I recall, the lightest version of the MH is just over 8 lbs while the lightest version of the MH is 7. Was a significant factor in my choice to purchase a MV instead of an MH. Only reluctance was it wasn't available in a big game legal caliber. Now that it is, I'll be buying a second upper...

I've found I just prefer a lighter, handier rifle. I've got a 7 rem mag that's about 9.5 lbs fully loaded so a MV fills a niche for me a MH wouldn't. Had a XCR-M in the past, and as tempted as I was by the MH heavy metal semis just aren't my thing. Eager to see how Grendel is on deer, whether it'll take the place of my 243 tikka or not we'll see...

Honestly, if you've got the budget buy one.
    The MV can be even lighter then that. My MV with no ambi mag release or safety light barrel, with mft minimalist stock, hogue grip, A2 bird cage and 14 inch fortis switch , no scope or site is 6 pound 10 onces. So remouve the muzzel device and put a 9 inch fortis and your right about 6.5 pound !