Page 1 of 15 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint "Factory" Version

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar

Modern Varmint "Factory" Version

After considering the last thread on the possibility of producing a Modern Varmint that is less expensive, we have opted to proceed with offering what we have dubbed the "Factory" model.

The upper and lower are identical to what is currently offered as full custom rifles. So same Timney trigger, same dual bolt releases. The only differences will be that instead of a stainless match grade barrel a 20" milspec barrel will be what they come with. The barrels are threaded 1/2x28 for install of a muzzle device but to avoid any shipping damage a thread protector will come with the rifle. No choice in barrel contour or caliber. 223/556 being the only offering. We are leaning towards a mid weight barrel to cover more of the community. Probably a 9 twist barrel.

Replacing the JP buffer system will be a standard milspec style buffer and spring. Due to the design of our lower the buffer WILL NOT be retained.
    Now if this truly was an AR I could see an issue, however as our rifle takes down differently than an AR does it really is not a problem at all.

The ONLY options that will be offered are butt stocks. The choices are fixed A2 style or 6 position commercial collapsible.

Price for the rifle with either stock is $2750.00

This will go online live tomorrow.
    Last edited by alberta tactical rifle; 05-12-2017 at 10:56 AM.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverS4 View Post
    couldn't you sell the upper and lower only let us build out the rest?
    These are NOT AR's, so we are the only ones with the proper tooling to hold the upper or lower for parts installation without damaging the upper or lower during assembly. Short of the front take down pin and the trigger every other part in the lower is proprietary so where would you get the parts required to assemble it?
    Where would you find the length and pitch for the assorted springs? Do you want to spend a few hundred dollars to have the correct tooling?
    Who will be responsible when an upper or lower gets buggered up because someone does not know the correct assembly procedure? No youtube help on these guns.
    I again state THESE RIFLES ARE NOT AR'S, they look similar and have some parts compatibility but that is where it ends.

The biggest part of the equation is with our liability insurance. Being a proprietary firearm we cannot release any of the Hunter series rifles without being test fired at our facility.
    Given test firing a pile of parts is rather difficult, so this is just something that will not ever be offered.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by Choke View Post
    Pretty cool. Tagged for interest. Will they be done in runs with lead up and wait times or pretty much available on an ongoing basis? Not in a panic, just curious. Cheers.
    Right now we are still looking 6 to 8 months, but once we get parts in and guns assembled we hope to be able to have some on the shelf ready to go.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Can a standard A1 handguard and fsb fit the barrels?

I am thinking about a C7 A1 build.

Would you also be able to do what you spec'd above but WITH the match spec barrel?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    sorry,wrong thread
    Last edited by Brianma65; 05-12-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HirvGotti View Post
    I think this is something I'll be ordering very soon. It'd be great to see pictures of the "factory" versions once they've been put together and offered.
    Actually, it should look identical to the version you custom order as you can't see a match grade barrel or the different bolt. There's some good pics on ATRS' order page.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    So if I have an MV,223, can I just buy the Upper and a bolt? If so, how much?
    I see on the ATRS web site they go for $1700
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VancouverS4 View Post
    couldn't you sell the upper and lower only let us build out the rest?
    Given all of the proprietary parts and the manner they have to be fiited and assembled, ATRS would have to charge enough extra to cover the costs of answering all of the emails and phone calls from guys who need help in assembly. Having seen all of the parts that go into these compared to a standard AR I can see no end of grief for even those with considerable AR assembly experience.
    Cheaper to let the guys with the right tools and all of the knowledge do the assembly, cheaper in the long run in my opinion.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    I see on the ATRS web site they go for $1700
    thanks, just found that.
    But it looks like $1700 for .223 and $2200 for 6.5

Page 1 of 15 12345678911 ... LastLast