Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint "Factory" Version

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Hypothetical question, if one Canadian was to move to the USA could he import a MH/MV under the 922r compliance? I mean I am shure enough part of those gun comes from the usa?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Hypothetical question, if one Canadian was to move to the USA could he import a MH/MV under the 922r compliance? I mean I am shure enough part of those gun comes from the usa?
    Doubtful seeing as the US D.O.S has deemed all of our semi auto platforms as "weapons of war" which is a strictly "protectionism" for US makers.
    The BATFE made it very clear that our guns could only be imported into the USA on a temporary basis.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    protectionism yep that is what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    protectionism yep that is what it is!
    It is, and not even any attempt to disguise it either. Our ARs are not any different in function and form than the US made ones are. The MH/MV are as close to an AR as can be. I can see the lack of appeal in the USA due to their laws being different, but how a rifle is deemed "weapon of war" when it has never seen adoption or use in any military application eludes me completely.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

CGN Regular
    Is it possible to get a 18.6" mil spec barrel. If not can you guys chop it down? Very interested in this platform.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Milspec obviously. These are not matchgrade barrels hand lapped barrels hence the far lesser cost. I would expect accuracy to be about the same as what a milspec AR with a chrome lined barrel would deliver, maybe a little better due to the trigger being vastly better than what is found in a milspec AR.
    I am having a horrible feeling that the "factory model" would turn out to be very close to my current premium model....

Quote Originally Posted by upinsmokeweldinginc View Post
    Is it possible to get a 18.6" mil spec barrel. If not can you guys chop it down? Very interested in this platform.
    No as we would then have to have order a large quantity of "custom" length barrels which would negate most of the price savings.
    Cutting a chrome lined barrel is not a good idea. And then there is the legal issue with cutting down an AR barrel.

First of, congratulations on the MV Factory, it's bound to be a popular product.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that you would not be producing a similar Factory version of the Modern Hunter. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    First of, congratulations on the MV Factory, it's bound to be a popular product.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that you would not be producing a similar Factory version of the Modern Hunter. Is that correct?
    Correct. we can not find a source of inexpensive AR10 barrels.

I have always loved looking at the pictures of a MV, thinking ... one day. I dont have a ton of disposable income. Young family yada yada. But this I may be able to put away for when i can grab one in stock. Would love to support an Albertan company