Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint "Factory" Version

Quote Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
    Meh on the price but whatever still $3000 out the door minimum.
    $2750 + 5% GST = $2887.50. No options other than buttstock, cheaper than an XCR, frankly I'm impressed they were able to get it done for this price.

Right on guys I looked around and that comes in cheaper than most retailers prices on the xcr and x95

Quote Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
    Meh on the price but whatever still $3000 out the door minimum.
    Sounds more like $2890 out the door which sounds like a hell of a deal as long as it's reliable.
    I can see one of these ending up at my house.

I would prefer an 8 twist barrel but everything else sounds great and a 9 twist medium contour isn't a deal breaker for me.
    Thanks Rick and crew, now I have to figure out what I'm going to sell to pay for another rifle
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

BANNED
    Are you guys for real, we get a cheaper MV and you're still crying about the price... Just go buy some chinese junk and leave this thread. ( I wish I had infraction points left to tell you guys how I really feel ...lol... )

A big thumbs up to ATRS for making this happen

This is much more affordable than the pimped out version....I'm going to have to see if I can work this into the budget. I guess I've got a few months to figure it out! Would be great to see some pics of the "factory" rifle as well as get some beta on how accurate it is compared to the high end one. I'm not expecting miracles but for $3K I'd still like it to be MOA or close to it. Imagine ATRS will have an idea of performance once production starts up since all the rifles need to be test fired.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 700-223 View Post
    $2750 + 5% GST = $2887.50. No options other than buttstock, cheaper than an XCR, frankly I'm impressed they were able to get it done for this price.
    x2. When I have some cash ahead I will probably pick one of these up. Nicely done, ATRS
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Are you guys for real, we get a cheaper MV and you're still crying about the price... Just go buy some chinese junk and leave this thread.
    No kidding... Working as a machinist who has to deal with customers, people really are clueless about cost and labour...
    CCFR & CSSA Member

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more handguns.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    These are NOT AR's, so we are the only ones with the proper tooling to hold the upper or lower for parts installation without damaging the upper or lower during assembly. Short of the front take down pin and the trigger every other part in the lower is proprietary so where would you get the parts required to assemble it?
    Where would you find the length and pitch for the assorted springs? Do you want to spend a few hundred dollars to have the correct tooling?
    Who will be responsible when an upper or lower gets buggered up because someone does not know the correct assembly procedure? No youtube help on these guns.
    I again state THESE RIFLES ARE NOT AR'S, they look similar and have some parts compatibility but that is where it ends.

The biggest part of the equation is with our liability insurance. Being a proprietary firearm we cannot release any of the Hunter series rifles without being test fired at our facility.
    Given test firing a pile of parts is rather difficult, so this is just something that will not ever be offered.
    So you're saying these aren't ARs...

Thank you for clarifying. Might have to put some safe queens on the EE to free up some funds.
    CCFR Member

CGN Regular
    Quick question: what is the logic of a 20" barrel vs 18.5"?

Quote Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
    Quick question: what is the logic of a 20" barrel vs 18.5"?
    Perhaps velocity, or bulk availability for the price for ATRS to use and keep our costs down.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast