Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Select Shooting Supplies

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    LOL. You guys are nickel and diming for a $13 discount?

I bought a Bushnell scope there for $100 less than I could find it anywhere else.

And believe me; I looked around.

You guys talking about price matching are you figuring in shipping and everything? Since you were in the store there would be no shipping but I would think to ship a box of CamPros it would probably cost you 15 or 20 bucks. There is a store out west that CamPros are $10 or so less but by the time you figure in shipping it's not worth it. One in Quebec as well. I calculate the total cost (taxes and shipping) and base my decision off of that.
    Show respect even to people who don't deserve it; not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    LOL. You guys are nickel and diming for a $13 discount?

I bought a Bushnell scope there for $100 less than I could find it anywhere else.

And believe me; I looked around.
    So you bought something from SSS for cheaper than you could find anywhere else which means I should pay more and be happy about it???

You have it backwards, Dean's the one nickel and diming. It should have been nothing for a retailer to provide a $13 price match when the customer is spending $500. Remember, this wasn't $13 per box, this was $13 total. He was willing to lose out on a $500 sale for $13 and to me that speaks volumes.
    Last edited by 4n2t0; 05-26-2017 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomo333 View Post
    You guys talking about price matching are you figuring in shipping and everything? Since you were in the store there would be no shipping but I would think to ship a box of CamPros it would probably cost you 15 or 20 bucks. There is a store out west that CamPros are $10 or so less but by the time you figure in shipping it's not worth it. One in Quebec as well. I calculate the total cost (taxes and shipping) and base my decision off of that.
    I was going to pickup my order, which is an hour drive for me. There are other retailers within similar distance, some of which will ship for free, that offer the CamPro's at a better price so the decision for me to go elsewhere was very easy.

Live and learn I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    I was going to pickup my order, which is a 1 hour drive for me. There are other retailers, some of which will ship for free, that offer the CamPro's at a better price so the decision for me to go elsewhere was very easy.

Live and learn I guess...
    Please let me know these other retailers. I am always looking for a deal and free shipping on a regular basis is few and far between.
    Thanks
    Show respect even to people who don't deserve it; not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.

Please let me know these other retailers. I am always looking for a deal and free shipping on a regular basis is few and far between.
    Thanks
    You don't have to look very hard, a couple of them are site sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    You don't have to look very hard, a couple of them are site sponsors.
    Wow. Thanks for the great help. If I could find them I wouldn't have asked.

Wow. Thanks for the great help. If I could find them I wouldn't have asked.
    I can't list them here if that's what you're looking for, this is SSS's forum, remember?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VICIOUS's Avatar
    This is not Wally world stores. Spend 13 dollars for gas or pay 13 bucks shipping, I spend more on coffee. They have the product in hand and the quality I want I buy.

my wife and I were in town visiting family and for a wedding so got the chance to stop in the shop. over here on the west coast there isnt a shop like that you can just go walk in off the street so it was fun in its own respect. picked up a couple boxes of campro 223's since i was already shipping back a big box of projectiles whats another 1000 right? got some fun magpul bits including one of their new hats. great shop to deal with and look forward sending them my repeat business.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast