Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Select Shooting Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by tomo333 View Post
    You guys talking about price matching are you figuring in shipping and everything? Since you were in the store there would be no shipping but I would think to ship a box of CamPros it would probably cost you 15 or 20 bucks. There is a store out west that CamPros are $10 or so less but by the time you figure in shipping it's not worth it. One in Quebec as well. I calculate the total cost (taxes and shipping) and base my decision off of that.
    I paid $160 less elseware for a handgun even with shipping factored in! From Al Flarety's in Toronto. I wouldn't bother haggling for $13, but $160 is hard to stomach of my hard eaned cash!

Being denied a $13 price match when spending $500 didn't sit well with me so I decided to buy elsewhere. It gave me the "I don't give a !@#$% about you" feeling.

I've been on this forum for a while so I expected this type of reaction when I posted my experience, typical CGN. Customer's wrong, SSS is our saviour, we should all be grateful that they allow us to buy stuff from them, LMAO.

At least I got it out of my system, I'm done now.

Received my order, well packaged and much appreciated. Price was as expected and below the price I could find elsewhere. Christmas gifts for son's-in-law. Might as well shop when the money is there and the prices are right.
    Member of NFA; CSSA; CCFR
    In Life - Every Decade Lived Doubles in Velocity from the Decade Lived Before - And Then One Day

Quote Originally Posted by jasondhaynes View Post
    Overpriced compared to others
    you can always go to shooters (last) choice.

CGN Regular
    Last edited by jasondhaynes; 04-01-2018 at 06:57 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    It may be nickel and diming or it may be that the business doesn't have the capitalization to buy the volume necessary to get the better price. No one is in business to give stuff away, I'm sure SSS would rather sell lower than not sell at all but selling at a loss is pointless...may as well just stand in the street handing out 5 dollar bills. SSS is convenient for me so I buy there, plus they're helpful, which goes a long way as well, I'd rather pay a little more for a product and have access to the vendor's expertise as opposed to saving a buck or two but being met with a blank stare when asking a question....or worse, getting a BS answer.

Love the place. Knowledgeable, professional service. It's a small operation in comparison to some in the GTA, but, Dean and his staff are more than helpful to me, a new shooter. Availability and service are more important to me than price. I'll keep going back.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123