Select Shooting Supplies

Aholman

Just received my second order from “Select Shooting Supplies” and again I am very happy with the products and with the speed at which they were shipped. Also the staff is very knowledgeable and very willing to take the time to answer any question I had.

Compared to who? I've bought off Dean many times for way less than the competition.

Have you tried to get a price match out of Dean? Don't bother, lol. I asked for a $13 price match on a box of CamPro projectiles today and he declined. Don't get me wrong, he has every right to decline but that was only one item of the $500 order I was trying to place with Dean. I recently purchased an M&P9 2.0 from Dean and the service was excellent but this exchange seemed very petty to me. Needless to say Dean still has his $13 and I gave my $500 to someone else.

Ya Dean and gang are very knowledgeable but a little overpriced. I recently gave him the opportunity to price match and he declined to budge, even though I've spent a couple thousand there already. I saved my $150 and purchased elsewhere.

LOL. You guys are nickel and diming for a $13 discount?

I bought a Bushnell scope there for $100 less than I could find it anywhere else.

And believe me; I looked around.

You guys talking about price matching are you figuring in shipping and everything? Since you were in the store there would be no shipping but I would think to ship a box of CamPros it would probably cost you 15 or 20 bucks. There is a store out west that CamPros are $10 or so less but by the time you figure in shipping it's not worth it. One in Quebec as well. I calculate the total cost (taxes and shipping) and base my decision off of that.

LOL. You guys are nickel and diming for a $13 discount?

I bought a Bushnell scope there for $100 less than I could find it anywhere else.

And believe me; I looked around.

So you bought something from SSS for cheaper than you could find anywhere else which means I should pay more and be happy about it???

You have it backwards, Dean's the one nickel and diming. It should have been nothing for a retailer to provide a $13 price match when the customer is spending $500. Remember, this wasn't $13 per box, this was $13 total. He was willing to lose out on a $500 sale for $13 and to me that speaks volumes.

Last edited:
You guys talking about price matching are you figuring in shipping and everything? Since you were in the store there would be no shipping but I would think to ship a box of CamPros it would probably cost you 15 or 20 bucks. There is a store out west that CamPros are $10 or so less but by the time you figure in shipping it's not worth it. One in Quebec as well. I calculate the total cost (taxes and shipping) and base my decision off of that.

I was going to pickup my order, which is an hour drive for me. There are other retailers within similar distance, some of which will ship for free, that offer the CamPro's at a better price so the decision for me to go elsewhere was very easy.

Live and learn I guess...

I was going to pickup my order, which is a 1 hour drive for me. There are other retailers, some of which will ship for free, that offer the CamPro's at a better price so the decision for me to go elsewhere was very easy.

Live and learn I guess...

Please let me know these other retailers. I am always looking for a deal and free shipping on a regular basis is few and far between.
Thanks

Please let me know these other retailers. I am always looking for a deal and free shipping on a regular basis is few and far between.
Thanks

You don't have to look very hard, a couple of them are site sponsors.

This is not Wally world stores. Spend 13 dollars for gas or pay 13 bucks shipping, I spend more on coffee. They have the product in hand and the quality I want I buy.

my wife and I were in town visiting family and for a wedding so got the chance to stop in the shop. over here on the west coast there isnt a shop like that you can just go walk in off the street so it was fun in its own respect. picked up a couple boxes of campro 223's since i was already shipping back a big box of projectiles whats another 1000 right? got some fun magpul bits including one of their new hats. great shop to deal with and look forward sending them my repeat business.

Back
Top Bottom