Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is Firearm Legal Defence

Expired Business Member

What is Firearm Legal Defence

Hello Everyone,

As promised I wanted to make sure that everyone knows just what exactly Firearm Legal Defence is and what is protects you from. This program was developed for all gun owners in Canada. There have been far too many examples of law abiding gun owners following the rules and getting charged anyways. FLD was created to give some power back to the firearms community. The coverage's are very straight forward and are as follows:

Firearm offences - We will pay your legal costs to defend your legal rights in relation to your being prosecuted for an offence arising out of the use, storage, display, transportation or handling of a firearm.
    Firearm licensing - We will pay your legal costs to represent you in appealing to the relevant statutory or regulatory authority, court, or tribunal following an event which results in a licensing, regulatory or judicial authority suspending, revoking, or altering the terms of, or refusing to renew, or cancelling your firearm license.
    Self Defence - We will pay your legal costs to defend your legal rights in relation to acting in your self-defense, the defense of a person under your protection or in defense of your property
    Policy Limits - The policy provides coverage up to $150,000 per claim with an annual maximum of $500,000. There is also additional coverage for loss wages due to missed work.

You also gain access to our Unlimited Telephone Legal Advice service. This part of the program is free and can be used with no limit to how many times you call and can be used for any subject, not just firearms questions. We encourage our members to use it at their leisure as it does not impact the premium at all.

Fine Print - Please feel free to visit our website at www.firearmlegaldefence.com as we have a copy of our wording there for you to review.

The cost for this protection is only $95/year. There are discounts available to members of certain firearms organizations such as the CSSA, BC Wildlife Federation and many others. It can be purchased from our website at www.firearmlegaldefence.com. Once you've completed the application, you're full policy documents and wordings are emailed to you within minutes.

Click here to learn more or become a member www.firearmlegaldefence.com

Thank you,
    Last edited by Capri Insurance; 05-03-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Has anybody had to utilize your services so far for a court case? Could you provide any detail?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    Has anybody had to utilize your services so far for a court case? Could you provide any detail?
    Yes, you can see some of our claims examples on our website https://firearmlegaldefence.com/gun-...arges-dropped/

Regarding those who have policies with you - is there an automatic renewal notice?
    Member of NFA; CSSA; CCFR
    In Life - Every Decade Lived Doubles in Velocity from the Decade Lived Before - And Then One Day

Do you have a list of lawyers (presumably on retainer)? Don't get me wrong, $95 a year seems like a great deal for the coverage of insurance. Does the coverage include civil actions against the policy holder too?

G.H.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I signed up for this back in August, or September, but I've never received any physical confirmation. I'm just wondering if there's some sort of package I should be expecting. My main concern is having a number to call should I need it.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    I signed up for this back in August, or September, but I've never received any physical confirmation. I'm just wondering if there's some sort of package I should be expecting. My main concern is having a number to call should I need it.
    Every policy holder gets their policy and wordings emailed within seconds of the purchase. If you did not receive your email confirmation please check your junk mail or you can give me a call at 250-869-3987. My name is Zach Schwingenschloegl and that number will get you straight through to my desk.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MountedMadness View Post
    Regarding those who have policies with you - is there an automatic renewal notice?
    Yes, you will automatically receive a email renewal reminder when it gets closer to your renewal date.

Is $95 for one person? How about a family in the same address? Thanks.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bandaricjj View Post
    Is $95 for one person? How about a family in the same address? Thanks.
    At this time you would need to purchase a policy for each licensed individual. We have a family membership at the top of our list for the program.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast