Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: canada ammo ammo sale?

Quote Originally Posted by hpsguy View Post
    Who's got 223 at $0.35/round that isn't steel cased?
    Sorry Im new to this.. If I dont reload is there a reason not to get steel cased (besides fitting/jamming issues)?

Quote Originally Posted by ViRiV View Post
    Sorry Im new to this.. If I dont reload is there a reason not to get steel cased (besides fitting/jamming issues)?
    My local indoor range doesn't allow anything steel, otherwise I'd be all over it.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Sales? We are trying to hold pricing. The dolar is tank and shipping is getting tougher, and no more cheap ammo from China

- I guess it is time to buy back a .22 lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by hpsguy View Post
    Who's got 223 at $0.35/round that isn't steel cased?
    I dunno, i only buy steel cased or nickle/zinc plated. Still cheaper the the 7.62x39 coming in now adays. And the bulk 39 has awfull accuracy compare to bulk .223.

I see the pmc stuff is a half decent price, however it wont let me add a case to the cart....

If you are using a bolt gun steel cased should be no problem. I did hear that they were loaded to slightly lower pressures than brass. At least that's what it seems like with Barnaul stuff. I just got my first AR and it won't cycle the steel cased stuff. Brass does fine. I did however read a post that once you break in your AR with enough high powered milspec stuff (if your rifle is a 5.56 chamber) the gun will get broken in enough to shoot steel stuff, although I don't know how true this is. If you have a semi-auto that you've been shooting for a while, I'd buy a couple 20 round boxes of Barnaul and MFS and see if it cycles. Other than that, steel cased should be fine. It would probably work better in a VZ58 rather than an AR... maybe. Don't know about the Mini-14. What rifle were you going to be using it in?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Here are my thoughts on steel case .223/5.56 ammo, specifically shot in AR15's, from my experience.

Steel case ammo is tougher on your gun. Parts like extractors wear out faster. Brass expands to form a seal and then retracts much better than steel, so it's harder to pull a steel case out than a brass case. For the same reason, steel case ammo is less forgiving to a dirty gun than brass case. Steel case ammo often has projectiles that are harder and wear your bore/throat down faster. Some have suggested that the savings you get when using steel case ammo can more than make up for replacing your barrel, though.

My bottom line for steel case ammo is if you clean your rifle after every 2-300 rounds (or maybe a bit more) you should have no real problem. But if you are like me, and only want to clean after 1000, you may start seeing issues, particularly as your extractor wears a bit.

And it's not often that steel case ammo is more accurate than brass case ammo, although I found Tula steel case 5.56 pretty accurate out of one of my bolt action rifles. Harder to extract though.

I pretty much only run brass .223 in my AR15's now. The PMC CanAM has is some of my favorites, it's pretty flawless. No issues with steel case 7.62x39 in any of my SKS rifles though, as I think they were intended for steel cases.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    I don't get why no one imports Russian steel cased ammo like wolf, the americans get it dirt cheap, we could probably import it for dirt cheap too. It's just stupid to me. We literally have 1 (maybe 2 if you count Barnaul) option for bulk non corrosive ammo in our entire country. The US has silver bear, brown bear, golden tiger, the half dozen types of wolf that are offered, tula (not so jealous about this offering) and a whole bunch more my brain can't recall right now. And Russia's ruble sucks right now, so it shouldn't be too expensive to import.

Then again, I have very little business sense so discount everything I say. Honestly I'm just glad canam imports any ammo at all
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by p.Rundle View Post
    I don't get why no one imports Russian steel cased ammo like wolf, the americans get it dirt cheap, we could probably import it for dirt cheap too. It's just stupid to me. We literally have 1 (maybe 2 if you count Barnaul) option for bulk non corrosive ammo in our entire country. The US has silver bear, brown bear, golden tiger, the half dozen types of wolf that are offered, tula (not so jealous about this offering) and a whole bunch more my brain can't recall right now. And Russia's ruble sucks right now, so it shouldn't be too expensive to import.

Then again, I have very little business sense so discount everything I say. Honestly I'm just glad canam imports any ammo at all
    Some cheap steel ammo would be awesome.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast