Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: canada ammo ammo sale?

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingots View Post
    Some cheap steel ammo would be awesome.
    the chinese 7.62x39 is cheaper than the russian. Shipping from Russia to Canada is very tough. We had one container stopped because we couldn't get a route and another is sitting waiting for a route with no ETA

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    the chinese 7.62x39 is cheaper than the russian. Shipping from Russia to Canada is very tough. We had one container stopped because we couldn't get a route and another is sitting waiting for a route with no ETA
    not trying to sound like a dick here, but what makes it different from shipping to the US? Do we have stricter import rules or something? Or are the Russians being typical Russians and trying to extort you for more money?
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by p.Rundle View Post
    not trying to sound like a dick here, but what makes it different from shipping to the US? Do we have stricter import rules or something? Or are the Russians being typical Russians and trying to extort you for more money?
    I have not had a good answer from the Russians on that. It is not just one supplier but several we deal with. Either way, Russia if off for now

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    I have not had a good answer from the Russians on that. It is not just one supplier but several we deal with. Either way, Russia if off for now
    Ah, so Russians being Russians. Thanks for trying, may I ask what type you guys ordered?
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tengoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by p.Rundle View Post
    There was an article about this in Calibre Magazine a while back. Shipping ammo or any munitions from Russia or Eastern Europe generally is a process fraught with time-wasting bureaucratic and legal rules and obstacles and costs [possibly including bribes]. Any I'm not just talking paperwork...the rules are crazy. It's by no means as simple as 'pay your money, put it on a truck and go'. After reading it, I found myself wondering why the importers do it...it's amazing they can make a profit.

Here it is: http://calibremag.ca/surplus-ammunit...there-to-here/
    Last edited by Tengoo; 05-27-2017 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Added link
    "Pity the poor opponents of the right to keep and bear arms! They must distrust just everybody except criminals and except
    the tyrant to whom they concede the armed monopoly of their protection." -- Pierre Lemieux [LIBERTY Magazine Nov. '97]

Add to that the embargoes since crimea/ukraine

Why no more cheap ammo from China?

Quote Originally Posted by drill702 View Post
    Why no more cheap ammo from China?
    All the cheap ammo was produced in 1994 for the US market and held in storage. It is gone now.

Wow, I have a lot of respect for the boys bringing this stuff into the country. I figured it was a pain in the @$$ just getting into Canada, had no idea it was that difficult just getting it out of the Ukraine, even before the Crimea incident...
    Anything with tits, tires or tracks, its gonna cost ya.

maybe I won't shoot every box of my Ukrainian ammo, keep a box or two might be worth something some day maybe not money wise but nostalgic purposes of the time of cheap ammo
    “I remember watching Bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part was when they killed Bambi's mother because I knew somewhere the hunter’s family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the bad guy”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast