Xcr-m swappable uppers

Necron's dog

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a xcr-m standard but in the process of buying a xcr-m micro pistol upper as I have my restricted pal. It my understanding the lower is concidered the restricted part ? And the upper is just a gun part ? But once the two are together it's a restricted weapon so do I regester it as such and what if I'm hunting with the non restricted upper and get stopped once the serial number is recorded as a restricted weapon ??? Any help would be appreciated thanks

Yes I got that but once the non restricted lower serial number is registered as a restricted weapon and I'm out hunting with the no. Restricted upper and get pulled over by police or law enforcement agency they run the serial number it comes up as restricted I'm charged with a crime even thou it's a non restricted rifle in that configuration so my point is what's the point of having a modular rifle when our laws make us criminals when we're being responsible the att should state that the weapon can be in both restricted and non restricted form the restricted upper is classified as a gun part you don't even need a PAL to order one

No one likes it. I bought my XCR's in NR so I could swap calibres and shoot or hunt in the bush. It's a temporary and not permanent change, so leave it NR and never use the short barreled upper unless at the range.

You could ask your CFO ....

Once you register the XCR as a restricted, the gun is restricted, period. Such are our asinine laws. If you want the Micro, better just buy one and keep your current M as a NR for your hunting.
I believe, and I could be wrong, that you have 30(?) days to register a gun as restricted due to barrel length if you keep the upper and lower assembly together.

I'm not sure, again, but are you allowed to bring the restricted upper separately to the range, swap the NR out, shoot it, take it apart, put the NR back and go home?
I can't think of any other country where the above question even needed to be asked!

I just got my rpal so I'm new to the restriction and regulations I also heard of the 30 day rule just haven't seen it in written form would like to print it out for insurance could you send me a link

You do have 30 days to call in the change in classification to the CFC regardless of if the change temporary or permanent is my understanding. Try calling your CFO, and even at that I would be nervous, because unless it is in writting it wont stand up in court.

Something I've always wondered about as well.

ie: own NR firearm, purchase R upper or barrel, drive to range with NR config and swap to R once at shooting bench, then swap back to NR before transporting home.

or

At home with NR firearm, swap barrel/upper to make R, take picture/admire/hold in a tender embrace, swap back to NR and store as required.

Would either of those necessitate calling in to register the lower as a restricted?

Back
Top Bottom