Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: knife carrying

I always have at least one on me. Don't feel right if I don't have one. It is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

CGN Regular
    Milti tool for me. then a knife and scatter gun in the bush. Repaired carbs and anything else I can fix if they will let me near it.

Generally always have my Leatherman on me. Whenever it's not on me, I always end up needing it.

I always carry a knife and a flashlight. Sometimes more than one knife. I like to have the right tool for the job. I work on the ranch everyday and use them all the time.
    There's nothing like riding a fine horse through new country. Augustus (Gus) McCrae, Lonesome Dove

Carry some sort of knife or multi tool on me every day and they are always sharp. No point carrying around a butter knife. I generally carry my Benchmade Triage and leatherman while in university and then any one of my knives for off days depending on what I'm doing changes which I carry but unless I'm going to fly or go some place I will get pat down I'm carrying some sort of knife as a tool for everyday needs.

I have had a few instances of people at university asking about it when they see it. Some are knife nuts as well and then we swap and compare others are sheltered kids fresh to the big scary world and don't understand that knives aren't a threat. Main reason I carry the triage is its a big durable knife that never fails me and its bright orange so I can tell the worried ones its a rescue knife to calm them down. Be more afraid of someone with a pencil that wants to do you harm then the guy with his knife eating an apple on his lunch break.

was never really worried about people carrying knives, i dont think ive done anything that warrants an attack.

just surprised that a big portion of people carry knives as ive never really seen people with it or discussed it.

I always carry a knife at work and a multi tool at home. I find this most useful because I always have access to tools at work but sometimes need some at home or out.

I forgot it was in my coat. It was a snap on browning knife, cost about $120. First time to the new Rodgers place, wore my pocket knife to every game up until this last one, but I heard of the new metal detectors so I ditched the knife I had in my pocket at home but forgot about the many coat pockets. I attempted to find a resolution but being that I planned to drink and didn't drive myself down there, their only option of taking it back to my car didn't work. They claim to have destroyed it. But yeah my fault.

CGN Regular
    I always have one with me and use it many times each day.

Yes, always, every day! The odd time I toss my pants in the laundry basket and forget to swap it over I'm conscious of it all day.

I carry a spyderco dragonfly most days, but I also have a Benchmade mini barrage that comes along from time to time.

As for why; Being a loyal Canadian, self defense never crosses my mind, as we are better off letting the criminals abuse us like the sheep we are. However, I find I use it at least 4 or 5 times a week for an endless range of tasks. If you carry one on a regular basis and it's readily available (pocket clip) you will be amazed at how often you find use for it.