Page 1 of 25 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: knife carrying

Poll: knife carrying

Lets make it simple

1. Do you carry a knife with you on a regular basis?
    2. If so, Why? And if not, Why?

It seems like a common thing among cgn.
    Last edited by alltieear; 05-16-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Yes, I always have a knife on my person.

Why? Because it's a very useful tool. I use it all the time, and lend it to friends/family if the situation calls for it.
    "You went full retard, man... Never go full retard."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fraserdw's Avatar
    Yes, but not at work as I am now a civilian and some army guys complained about being uncomfortable in the office.
    Recovering soldier, 34 years. For 34 years I have apparently served a tyranny, the Canadian people have my apologies. Had I only known......

"I enforced the law as written. It was not for me to determine to morality of hostage executions, confiscation of property or the deportations. It was German law and I was a German policeman." Detective Sgt Heorgen, Koln. Trial statement 1947.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer freezer filler's Avatar

All the time, never know when you will use it but it does get used often and would be lost in a few situations with out one.
    Last edited by Cteve; 12-02-2017 at 04:29 PM.
    Instagram 👉 chesterfieldfox

Yes. Always carried one for years. It's a useful tool and it always comes in handy. Feels weird not to carry one.

LEO's never have had a problem with it either

I guess if I'm asking I should answer too.

I don't carry knives on me when I'm out. But I have a couple at home for impatiently opening packages.

Why? I've never came across a situation where i needed one. But take into account I've been in the city most of my life. Knife for camping is a given.

That is some funny and sad ####!

1) Yes, I do take part in this time-honored tradition for men throughout history. Thank you Romans - for the invention of the folding pocket knife.

2) Why you ask? Because it is a very useful tool and essential tool for everyday life - you can use it to for cutting rope/strings, opening envelopes, slicing a piece of fruit and if I have no other option - cutting/opening E.E purchased boxes/toys.

Quote Originally Posted by fraserdw View Post
    Yes, but not at work as I am now a civilian and some army guys complained about being uncomfortable in the office.
    Last edited by GreenBob; 05-16-2017 at 06:57 PM.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

Every day for about 50 years.
    Exception being, commercial air travel, where I was a passenger and not crew.(but there was at least 1 in my checked luggage)
    Recently used a Benchmade 531 to trim some loose threads on a lady's dress at a wedding.(she asked first)

CGN Regular
    I have a small collection of Gerber knives and a few multi-tools that get used several times per week on many tasks.
    As mentioned above, I have cut strings, opened boxes, made kindling/fire starter, removed splinters, opened bottles, cut plastic, etc. Without these tools, I would have had to either borrow from someone else or use something less effective to do the work.

I carried one at work for 25 years. In the past 10 years, the only times I didn't have a knife or tool with me is when I'm taking a trip and need to comply with airport security.

Carrying a knife or multi tool has given me a sense of security knowing that I can do things and accomplish any number of tasks if the need arises. I think the only times I have ever seriously given thought to use them for self-defense was when hiking in the woods or camping.

Page 1 of 25 1234567891121 ... LastLast