Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Poll: knife carrying

Used to have one in my backpack for eating apples, but lost it going through airport security.

I work in an office, so no reason to carry one and I have access to scissors and a kitchen full of knives. When I worked construction it was never an issue as I always packed the dedicated tools I needed. Take a leatherman if I am in the woods or a rescue knife if on the river.

Matt

CGN frequent flyer
    Yes daily as a tradesman and always seem to use it at least once a weekend or more. Two weeks ago cut a 70 yr old couple out of their car as they hit the left front corner of a city bus,flipped on its roof and slid up the lane and stopped beside me in the company pickup as I had pulled up behind the bus. After confirming they weren’t hurt seriously (actually not a scratch) I cut the husbands belt passenger side as he was backwards in his seat with belt across his back and had his legs twisted up under the dash like a gymnast and carefullyhad them out and on their feeet before emergency arrived—-Dieseldog!

K...I'll admit to sometimes carrying a knife purely to piss off the leftys....seriously..

Absolutely love the squeamish looks ...even better when they snivel out loud...

There I said it.

You betcha! Was EDCing a Spyderco Dragonfly, now a Delica... for going to the opera of course.

Early in my army career, I learned to always carry a knife, a light and a piece of string. Don't much need the string on a regular basis any more.

Yes, when outside of the city. Keep it in the glove box in the city

Nice try RCMP

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBob View Post
    That is some funny and sad ####!

1) Yes, I do take part in this time-honored tradition for men throughout history. Thank you Romans - for the invention of the folding pocket knife.

2) Why you ask? Because it is a very useful tool and essential tool for everyday life - you can use it to for cutting rope/strings, opening envelopes, slicing a piece of fruit and if I have no other option - cutting/opening E.E purchased boxes/toys.
    ^^^^^ This works for me

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockport guy View Post
    Then why was a bagpipe player fined 200 bucks for the knife he had on as part of his uninform in downtown Montreal?
    Because he didn't call it a Kirpan, then it would have been ok.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    I carried a pocket knife for many years but not so much anymore. I still keep one in the glove box for times I need it.