Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nea .22?

Nea .22?

Hello,

I know NEA makes a .22 AR but haven't seen them listed anywhere in years. Any word on if these are still available in full rifles or even just a complete .22 upper?

Thank you,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    yea a decent, lower cost upper would be nice. Railed flat top, 16" threaded tube
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC

I got one but it's a jam-o-matic and now just sits in the back of my safe. Probably why you don't see them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gariagi View Post
    I got one but it's a jam-o-matic and now just sits in the back of my safe. Probably why you don't see them anymore.
    Had the same problems. Sent it back to NEA they fixed if sent it and back. I'm loving it! (It is not a fan of hollow points though I must admit)
    "Futue te ipsum et caballum tuum." or "F¥c[< you and the horse you road in on"

Quote Originally Posted by sodburner View Post
    Had the same problems. Sent it back to NEA they fixed if sent it and back. I'm loving it! (It is not a fan of hollow points though I must admit)
    I sent mine in and they supposedly fixed something but it was still jamming like crazy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NickVR View Post
    Hello,

I know NEA makes a .22 AR but haven't seen them listed anywhere in years. Any word on if these are still available in full rifles or even just a complete .22 upper?

Thank you,
    Haven't seen them listed in years huh? I wasn't aware of them years ago and since I've known NEA I've never seen them. They started making their own bolts a couple years back didn't they because of problems with the ones being made for them? Could it possibly be that they still haven't gotten around to designing/finalizing their own high quality bolt/carrier for production? I'm sure they've been busy with getting the NEA 102 finished and also that 9mm lower they announced a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassLightning View Post
    Haven't seen them listed in years huh? I wasn't aware of them years ago and since I've known NEA I've never seen them. They started making their own bolts a couple years back didn't they because of problems with the ones being made for them? Could it possibly be that they still haven't gotten around to designing/finalizing their own high quality bolt/carrier for production? I'm sure they've been busy with getting the NEA 102 finished and also that 9mm lower they announced a few weeks ago.
    You must have missed them then, another vendor (Won't name them in SFRC's sub forum) used to have a number of them for sale a couple years ago. I am almost sure SFRC used to have a couple for sale as well.. but I am not 100% sure. They are still listed as available on North Eastern Arms website so I am sure they still exist otherwise they wouldnt list .22 as an available caliber for most of there rifle configurations.

Maybe they are only special order. Not too many folks would go with a restricted .22lr for plinking.

CGN Regular
    I can't tell you about the NEA 15 22lr.
    I did use NEA upper and lower to build one with guts from a chiappa M4 and it works like a champ.
    NFA
    CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    I asked a while back and they are no longer being made.

I had a CMMG conversion kit that was lousy. Then I bought a proper CMMG .22 barrel and the part to change the conversion bolt to work with it, and now it's great.

Built that on an NEA upper and my existing NEA lower and the fit is so tight that the pins need mild percussive persuasion both to assemble and take down.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast