Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why IRUNGUNS advertises in USD...

CGN Regular
    IRG themselves said it best they primarily deal with us companies, and the fact they take USD lets you know where your money ends up. I personally prefer to support economic growth in the country I live in first.
    My posts are my views, don't be offended if they do not match. I also do not allow anyone to quote, or state my views (as my views) without my direct permission.
    Я хочу винтовку

OOOOHH honey, I only paid $399. for that gun. HE,HE,HE.

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    As the majority of our business is in the US and www.irunguns.com services both countries it is not an easy request to advertise in Canadian funds.

1. The customer would be pretty upset if he or she purchased off our site from an ad that was 2 months old only to find out that they were charged an additional 4 to 6% because of the exchange rate changing from when the ad was posted to when he or she actually made the purchase.

2. The other problem in that is that we do charge in USD and different credit cards have different exchange rates that they charge the customer. The best option is to get an Amazon Credit Card as they do not pad the exchange rate when the currency is converted.

3. If IRUNGUNS was to advertise in Canadian funds it would never be accurate because of the heavy fluctuations in the currency. The easiest way to find the current exchange is to google "US to Canadian funds" and a currency calculator will pop up.

I hope that helps

Attachment 100395
    Amazon Canada cancelled the Rewards Visa Card just last month. All existing members are getting their cards replaced by Scotia Momentum Card

I was reading a sale post the other day from a vendor and it turned into a #### show. It was pretty appalling to see.
    You can see some people have ulterior motives when they post and are just posting to cause ####.
    In fact I think it was an IRUNGUNS post.

I was going to post in that thread that we are lucky to have such vendors and one day people are gonna ##### just a little too much and the vendor is gonna disappear and pretty much say too bad. F-You all!

I'm not sure why personal sale threads have so much protection where nobody can comment but Vendors who are here have to deal with so much bull#### from posters.

Anyway keep it up IRUNGUNS I think you do an amazing job.

Oh and a very simple way to get a quick CDN version from US.
    Highlight the amount with the dollar sign and right click.
    Pick "search google for $XXXX.XX" and the first thing that will popup is the conversion to CDN.

Quote Originally Posted by MartNutz View Post
    Isn't Amazon anti-gun ? Using/promoting Amazon credit card wouldn't be against this community principle ?
    Pretty sure amazon is indifferent. in 2016 I spent 600$ USD on firearm accessories from amazon.com, holsters to mag pouches, double belts, shot timers and all cleaning items.
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bertn View Post
    Maybe here in Canada but not in the states.
    Even the firearms radio network is an amazon affiliate.

ht tp://firearmsradio.tv/amazon/
    They aren't anti here in Canada either. I've bought quite a few odds and ends form them over the years. Most of it from Amazon.ca and not through their vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by fluidmax View Post
    Amazon Canada cancelled the Rewards Visa Card just last month. All existing members are getting their cards replaced by Scotia Momentum Card
    This is sad news. Scotia momentum acquired another card company from chase canada and starting June this year, they will charge 2.5% for foreign conversion fees...this will be the same route for Amazon existing card holders...

Now the only way is Rogers Mastercard. Charges 2.5% FCF ...BUT...you get 4% cashback rewards in foreign transactions.
    If you want to survive...then you must be built for the kill...

That's fine but when you purchase when the dollar is at ### and then IRG takes a week to bill your card and the dollar tanks it's a piss off. I ended up paying $200 more than planned with the dollar exchange difference and the Credit Card mark up. And yes I used a currency converter. I'm happy with my purchase but not happy about the process. When I place my order that's the rate that should be honored. I base my purchases on current value and time them accordingly. If the dollar improved days later than my fault. But when you make a purchase at on a date with the rate you waited for and then the company waits a week to bill and then the rate drops.... that's not a good business practice. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    As the majority of our business is in the US and www.irunguns.com services both countries it is not an easy request to advertise in Canadian funds.

1. The customer would be pretty upset if he or she purchased off our site from an ad that was 2 months old only to find out that they were charged an additional 4 to 6% because of the exchange rate changing from when the ad was posted to when he or she actually made the purchase.

2. The other problem in that is that we do charge in USD and different credit cards have different exchange rates that they charge the customer. The best option is to get an Amazon Credit Card as they do not pad the exchange rate when the currency is converted.

3. If IRUNGUNS was to advertise in Canadian funds it would never be accurate because of the heavy fluctuations in the currency. The easiest way to find the current exchange is to google "US to Canadian funds" and a currency calculator will pop up.

I hope that helps

Attachment 100395
    I have to admit that your site is not completely Canadian friendly. I have gone on your site a few dozen times and on separate occasions have gone to place orders, 1 MPX and 2 Daniel Defense rifles, and ended up cancelling the transactions as I couldn't be sure what my total costs were going to be on them. I wish you could make it simpler for us as I would love to support you. The exchange rate is really not a big deal to get sorted out, but the various stages of customs and handling charges leaves the end user doing a lot of math to figure out what the landed costs will be.

Thanks Irunguns. Hoping to support you in the future.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast