Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why IRUNGUNS advertises in USD...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Quote Originally Posted by NGD View Post
    Perhaps the next website update could include a Currency converter? Just for convenience sake?
    I too would like this.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

I have xe.com saved on my desktop.
    Click ,click add 2.5% (approx) for bank fu**ery and your done !
    Easy Peasy

As far as CAD pricing on the Canadian site might be nice but not a bother really either way.

CGN Regular
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeZ View Post
    I have to admit that your site is not completely Canadian friendly. I have gone on your site a few dozen times and on separate occasions have gone to place orders, 1 MPX and 2 Daniel Defense rifles, and ended up cancelling the transactions as I couldn't be sure what my total costs were going to be on them. I wish you could make it simpler for us as I would love to support you. The exchange rate is really not a big deal to get sorted out, but the various stages of customs and handling charges leaves the end user doing a lot of math to figure out what the landed costs will be.

Thanks Irunguns. Hoping to support you in the future.
    The extra costs you mention are included in the purchase price. When you check out from either website the only additional charge is GST of 5% based on the Canadian value and Canadian shipping to your door. All duties, import charges, magazine compliance, brokerage and importation are included in the purchase price.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Regular
    You don't just advertise in US dollars, you sell retail sales in US dollars on a Canadian website in Canada. Canada is a sovereign nation with its own currency. You should use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkw View Post
    You don't just advertise in US dollars, you sell retail sales in US dollars on a Canadian website in Canada. Canada is a sovereign nation with its own currency. You should use it.
    Like it was mentioned already few times on this thread. IRG don't want to deal with the exchange. They let customers deal with it. Just imagine this, they buy their inventories in USD, convert it to CAD, then convert it back to USD. When customers deal with the exchange, guess what they can stay in USD and no need to deal with the exchange. Also, advertising in USD gives illusion that the price apppears lower as our CAD stinks now.

Oddly enough even the used firearms that IRG has in Canada are USD prices...

They must not have a CDN bank account, wonder if they dodge a lot of CDN taxes
    Join CSSA. Vote Conservative Andrew Scheer in 2019 if you value your firearms!

Quote Originally Posted by SLToronto View Post
    Did you try to click on that link and apply for one?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    Oddly enough even the used firearms that IRG has in Canada are USD prices...

They must not have a CDN bank account, wonder if they dodge a lot of CDN taxes
    I work for an automotive parts manufacturing company; we have US suppliers that export directly to us. All pricing and transactions are in US $. If you sell something, you set the terms of sale; such is their right to do also. While I have never dealt with them, I appreciate that they have gone the extra mile to do all of the export stuff that so many US dealers have not done; and they and others provide options and availability that we would not otherwise have.

Quote Originally Posted by acidboogie View Post
    That makes perfect sense to me, besides only it takes like 30 seconds to just plug that price into xe.com to get a better idea of the cost in CDN.

Same for me

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast