Thread: New primer packaging

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

New primer packaging

I just ordered another 27000 primers to go along with the 140,000 or so Dominion primers I've ordered from you previously so I guess you can tell I was satisfied with them.

I am a little baffled by this last order, however, as each type of primer came in different packaging. The large rifle were in the usual Dominion blue, red and yellow box and the large pistol are in TulAmmo black, yellow and red packaging. I am familiar with and have satisfactorily used both of these so am not too concerned about them.

The small pistol and small rifle are a different story. The small pistol have no name brand at all on them, just "Small Pistol Primers" and "Stopping Power". Adding to the mystery, most of the labelling is in Spanish, even the "Fabricado en Rusia" (Made in Russia") label. Russian primers in Spanish packaging?

The biggest mystery are the small rifle primers. The packaging is completely generic. Both the container box and the primer tray boxes are beige with no labelling whatsoever, just completely plain save for the numbers "4 17 stamped on each primer tray box and the number "223" hand written in ballpoint pen on the container box. I know on your website it says "PLEASE NOTE: Packaging may differ from picture" but this seems a bit extreme.

So, four types of primers, 4 different types of packaging. My question is are these the same primers as the previous Dominion batches? Since I've purchased quite a few I really don't want to have to go through load development all over again.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ted_dent; 04-30-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    They ran out of our boxes and we didn't want to delay so they used whatever they had on hand

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    They ran out of our boxes and we didn't want to delay so they used whatever they had on hand
    OK, as long as they're the same no problem.

Thanks.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    OK, as long as they're the same no problem.

Thanks.
    exactly the same

The packaging is not very good, my primers were spilled all over inside the larger box.

I had both SR and SP primer from Can ammo. And they came with 2 different packaging , finished 1k of each already. not a single problem. very good primer in my case, and came with perfect packaging..will buy more when needed for sure.