Thread: Remington 5R

Business Member

Remington 5R

We have Remington 5R Gen 2 THR MZ rifles in .308 Win, .260 Rem and 300 Win Mag in stock.

As we have substantial kit for precision shooting, we can offer a variety of configurations of bases, scopes and rings and even tested rifles with Lapua ammo and tuning for best accuracy, which may include skim bedding and trigger tuning.

Could be fun!
    http://www.hirschprecision.com/

At the risk of starting a small stampede to their site, I would like to thank Hirsch Precision for their outstanding customer service on my recent purchase of a Remington 700, Generation 2, mil-spec, 5R rifled, .260 Remington rifle. For those who don't know about this particular rifle, it is a recent and fairly hard to get factory offering by Remington that is available in .300 Win Mag, .308 and .260 Remington. The rifle is all stainless and finished in satin black cerakote, with a hammer forged fluted and threaded muzzle 5R barrel, oversized bolt knob and HS Precision tactical stock in tan with black webbing. The barrel comes in 20 and 24 inch for the .308 models and 24 inch for the other calibers. I have been wanting the .260 Remington version ever since I bought the .300 Win Mag model through another dealer here, last year. Hirsch Precision is offering them at a better price than I have seen anywhere else in the country and at less than the factory MSRP in US dollars! I have loved the Remington 700 heavy barrel rifles since I bought my first varmint model in .22-250 more than 40 years ago and these Generation 2'S are the best factory models from Remington that I have ever seen. They are also one of only a couple of heavy barrel (varmint profile ?) models offered by Remington in the increasingly popular .260 cartridge. I have to think that many prospective buyers must have missed the brief introduction provided by Hirsch Precision in the original post above, without realizing what they were really offering. The Remington factory link is here: https://www.remington.com/rifles/bol...r-series-gen-2 . If anyone is interested, they will have to wait until Monday, as you have to call them to order these rifles (some kind of problem with entering information online, I believe).

Bump for those who might be interested. Great value for rifles that seem to have sold out everywhere else.