Thread: Garrison Petawawa Range Control Revised Calibers...18 May 2017 Ooops, Stand down...

Business Member

Garrison Petawawa Range Control Revised Calibers...18 May 2017 Ooops, Stand down...

Petawawa Gun Club President (Morgan or chalkriver2) has advised me that the Caliber Restrictions/ Approved Calibers have been amended. Here is the text from his messages/posts:

GREAT NEWS !!! After years of trying its official and now have A LOT more allowed calibres to use on Garrison Petawawa .
    Big thanks goes out to CanuckR for getting this done !

The following list is in addition to the ones we were already are allowed to use ...ie 338LM

As well we have a solution for the club's RSO problems due to the military adopting new regulations regarding who can be an RSO on base.

I am meeting this weekend to work out the details but things are looking really promising for the firearm community up here .

As always, I'm blessed with a super pointman on the PGC front end to host our fun up in Garrison Petawawa. Now we can shoot our PR matches and clinics with different calibers. Yahoo! It's all good!

Cheers,

Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 07-13-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Sweet. This just made my choice for a rifle much easier!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    Well maybe it's time to bring the 300 win mag
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

That's great News! I'm currently in the process of getting a ton of calibers approved here in Meaford. So far its progressing quickly, probably because Petawawa did all the work to set the ground work.

Good news about Meaford !
    Well I have good and bad news for those bringing their trusted SKS and Mosin Nagant home made sniper rifles to Petawawa ...
    We just got the use of 7.62 x39 back but its bigger brother the 7.62 x54R requires the use of a 50 cal template ?
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2