Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: IRUNGUNS Custom engraving... A sneak peek at what's to come...

IRUNGUNS Custom engraving... A sneak peek at what's to come...

Your imagination is the only limitation. Here is a few helpful hints when picking images. We recommend you look at www.shutterstock.com when looking for graphics or images to engrave on your firearm. Vector and Bitmap images are by far the best for laser engraving and will create amazing detail when personalizing your firearm or accessory.

Color vs. Grayscale vs. Black and White - the engraving process only engraves in 2 bit black and white. For the cleanest and best looking engravings, we recommend using black and white images only. Black and white images have NO GRAY, SHADING, SHADOW, FADING, or other effects. We can use grayscale images, but the detail you see on your computer screen generally doesn't fully translate to the engraving.

Mags

Attachment 100532

Lower Receivers and Handguns

If you are submitting a graphic for us to engrave on the lower or receiver, here are a few suggestions. For deep engravings, please make sure you send us a pure black and white image, no grayscale, A vector image works best. The higher resolution the better as well, as it will result in a better overall engraving. The more detail in the image, the more important this is. If you have a grayscale image we can surface engrave them
    Engraving Depth
    The standard engraving removes the surface anodizing only, which will result in the white aluminum showing through the black anodizing. The anodizing layer is usually around .002” thick, so this is a very thin engraving and doesn’t usually result in any noticeable texture change. We do have the ability to deep engrave most images and text to a depth of around .01” which will allow you to color fill the engraving, or you can cerakote over the entire receiver and still be able to see all the detail of the engraving.

Attachment 100541Attachment 100542Attachment 100543

Ejection Port Dust Covers, Take down Pins, Etc.

The custom engraved ejection port dust cover, Pins, Parts, Etc. are perhaps one of the most commonly exchanged parts on modern day AR's because they are, quite simply, easy and cheap. They are also one of the best ways to temporarily permanently personalize your rifle, by that we mean you can easily change your rifle back to stock configuration, or you can leave it with a custom dust cover and it will stay personalized until you say otherwise. Another great reason to customize the dust cover is you can have two distinct messages, one when you are not firing, and another when you are, this makes for great humor and morale boosting opportunities, well, you can imagine... Plan A/Plan B, etc.... Bottom line, these covers, pins or accessories look great and will dress up any rifle.

Attachment 100546Attachment 100547Attachment 100548
    Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 05-23-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Dude... fricking A!

CGN Regular
    Fun!

Does the engraving make it any more prone to corrosion, rust, etc etc?

SWEET! Can you engrave CA 17 on all my guns for me?? You know, just in case my serial numbers get rubbed off, or end up in the hands of terrorists somehow.
    ~Ffynn

Oh, I see myself making use of this service!
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Very cool & I'm curious on pricing. I could see engraving the stainless Marlin 336 lever action I have... Depending on price.

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    That's super cool... going to have to get some stuff done..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    This is frick'n cool!
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer freezer filler's Avatar
    Can you do SIN numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ffynn View Post
    SWEET! Can you engrave CA 17 on all my guns for me?? You know, just in case my serial numbers get rubbed off, or end up in the hands of terrorists somehow.
    This made me laugh a little too hard haha

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast