Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: ATRS "Deathgrip" tripod rifle rest now in production

Quote Originally Posted by USPfan View Post
    Looks very well made, however not enough to justify $350 when other mounts already established in the US sell for $100-$150 usd.
    I agree. I'd happily buy one at 200$ but for now I'll keep waiting for a pig saddle on sale.

Still congratulations on the nice product. I'd prefer natural colors over black and blue.

Gorgeous rifle btw!
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    I'm very interested! Any recommendations on a tripod to go with this beauty?
    Would the vortex summit XLT handle this?
    so getting one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wildphil24 View Post
    I agree. I'd happily buy one at 200$ but for now I'll keep waiting for a pig saddle on sale.

Still congratulations on the nice product. I'd prefer natural colors over black and blue.

Gorgeous rifle btw!
    $200 would be perfect, I would buy one at that price.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by USPfan View Post
    Looks very well made, however not enough to justify $350 when other mounts already established in the US sell for $100-$150 usd.
    Apparently you have not bothered to price a hog saddle, which is what this directly compares to. Yes there are cheaper low quality versions available, in foreign countries.

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    Apparently you have not bothered to price a hog saddle, which is what this directly compares to. Yes there are cheaper low quality versions available, in foreign countries.
    I have priced out a hog saddle. I have also priced out a pig saddle. I said other mounts, not "comparable" mounts. Take a breath.

You are both right. The Deathgrip is more comparable to the Hog Saddle than the Pig Saddle. But at the end of the day it's not so much how much you would pay for the product as how much you would pay for the capability. Honestly I would have loved a Hog Saddle, but couldn't justify that price either. But I would pay $350 for the Deathgrip. More than anything it's because I've never seen anything less than exceptional leave Rick's shop and I know that if he puts his seal of approval on it that it's going to be something that exceeds my expectations.

Excellent Rick!
    I'm interested!
    "You can get more done with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone." ~ Al Capone
    CSAAA ADFGA

Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    I'm very interested! Any recommendations on a tripod to go with this beauty?
    Would the vortex summit XLT handle this?
    I think it all depends on your end usage. If you are setting up at the range, or something similar, obviously the heavier the better.
    I would plan on using something like this in a hunting scenario where weight would be a concern (backpacking), and I use an Outdoorsmans med tripod; in my opinion this is hard tripod to beat when comparing weight, durability, customer service and price (they are quite expensive though). I have come to this conclusion after using a myriad of cheaper ones, really heavy ones and ones that try to do everything but do nothing well at the same time. Just my 2 cents.

ATRS, do you have a number for weight of this grip? Trying to figure out what gear I could pitch in my loadout to make this work.

Looks awesome. Always willing to support Canadian companies and innovations (especially with the CAD dollar).

Does it come with a tripod?
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis