Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: ATRS "Deathgrip" tripod rifle rest now in production

Rick, I should also add that I am not attempting to disrespect you or your product in your forum; just trying to get real time feedback from real shooters in order to make an educated purchase decision as a shooter on a budget. The Army pays me well, but I do have a family so my purchases are always (ok, most of the time) well researched. I just want to be crystal clear on that.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug870 View Post
    Rick, I should also add that I am not attempting to disrespect you or your product in your forum; just trying to get real time feedback from real shooters in order to make an educated purchase decision as a shooter on a budget. The Army pays me well, but I do have a family so my purchases are always (ok, most of the time) well researched. I just want to be crystal clear on that.
    No disrespect or anything negative taken. Due diligence is important.
    The Pig saddle is stamped and bent sheet metal. It is priced to sell for a specific price point, it works but is less than ideal. Their Hog saddle is closer to what we make but is even more expensive than ours is. Good kit costs money, but lasts up better in the long run.

Tell ya what, if you want to order a Death Grip I will refund your money if you are not satisfied with it for any reason. Your total exposure would be the cost of shipping.

Lets just say I am pretty confident you will keep it. We have sold a ton of these and so far the only complaint, that was easy to rectify was that the knob was too big for 1 fellows tripod. It interfered with the unusual top plate assembly he had on his tripod.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Great talking with you Rick, thank you. I look forward to receiving my Deathgrip.

Can anyone offer first hand experience using The Deathgrip on a PIG0311-G Field Tripod?

I am looking at the Pig Saddle right now (close to pulling the trigger), but I just stumbled onto this thread and I am re-considering. The Deathgrip may be a good alternative to the Pig Saddle while not having to whore myself out to afford the Hog Saddle... Canadian made as well, so that's a bonus, and the more I talk to people about Rick; the more I hear he is OCD about quality... my type of guy! I have to be blunt though, price is still a little hefty, but not out of reach if it is as good as it's said to be by some reputable shooters who have posted in this thread.

No matter what, thanks to ATRS for bringing another quality Canadian product to the market!
    I have that exact set up. I wanted to save a few dollars on the tripod at the time so I went with the PIG0311-G Field Tripod. I did compare the Death Grip and the Hog Saddle.
    I picked the Death Grip based on made in Calgary, Alberta and price point. At the time I will admit that I asked if there was other color options than blue for the grip pads. That was the only concern I had.

I'd like to comment on the idea of using a Death Grip and tripod. It goes with me everywhere. I sometimes get back pain from too much shooting prone and I also have to be very careful not to come into contact with certain plants. This piece of kit is the answer. Practice and look for information on stabilizing yourself and the rifle with a sling or rope.

I know I'll be using the Death Grip and tripod for many years to come.
    CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by sask378 View Post
    I have that exact set up. I wanted to save a few dollars on the tripod at the time so I went with the PIG0311-G Field Tripod. I did compare the Death Grip and the Hog Saddle.
    I picked the Death Grip based on made in Calgary, Alberta and price point. At the time I will admit that I asked if there was other color options than blue for the grip pads. That was the only concern I had.

I'd like to comment on the idea of using a Death Grip and tripod. It goes with me everywhere. I sometimes get back pain from too much shooting prone and I also have to be very careful not to come into contact with certain plants. This piece of kit is the answer. Practice and look for information on stabilizing yourself and the rifle with a sling or rope.

I know I'll be using the Death Grip and tripod for many years to come.
    Thank you for your post.

Do you use a ballhead with your setup? I scored a great deal on a Feisol CB-50D (thanks TT!) so I'm looking forward to trying out the different combinations.

I am certain that I will be impressed with the Deathgrip and Rick's quality; but yeah, I hear ya on the blue pads... not my favorite. But oh well, maybe by the time I wear them out and look for replacements Rick will have black or green ones to offer (hint, hint)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Rick, his staff and company make good stuff,

glad he has taken the risk to produce stuff we can use

Jefferson
    Life is too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post

Jefferson
    This seems to be the common word, which is exactly why I ordered my Deathgrip. Looking forward to receiving my first ATRS product!

I'd also like to take the time to say that Rick took my phone call and gave me all the time I needed, answering all my questions on the Deathgrip, as well as sharing a few laughs; that is a big thing to me. That is called customer service.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post

Jefferson
    Agreed!! They took risks that no-one else has and it has benefitted most of the gun culture in Canada whether they want to admit it or not.
    As Slug870 points out the guys always seem to make the time to answer questions to no end. Customer service and support in my experience is well above and beyond.

Received my Deathgrip today.

My first complaint, and it is a major one, is that after removing the Deathgrip from the box it was packed in very well, I took the time to examine it in detail. The machining is absolutely flawless and I could not find any flaws/rough edges/shoddy work etc. I mean the audacity!!! How am I supposed to come on CGN a b*tch about his product when Rick sends me such an item?!

All joking aside, this thing is beautiful! I am beyond impressed with the quality and attention to detail; well done Rick. You and I will be doing more business in the future, I assure you.

Now to mount the Deathgrip to my PIG 0311 and see how it holds a couple of rifles!

Thank you ATRS!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Received my Deathgrip today.

My first complaint, and it is a major one, is that after removing the Deathgrip from the box it was packed in very well, I took the time to examine it in detail. The machining is absolutely flawless and I could not find any flaws/rough edges/shoddy work etc. I mean the audacity!!! How am I supposed to come on CGN a b*tch about his product when Rick sends me such an item?!

All joking aside, this thing is beautiful! I am beyond impressed with the quality and attention to detail; well done Rick. You and I will be doing more business in the future, I assure you.

Now to mount the Deathgrip to my PIG 0311 and see how it holds a couple of rifles!

Thank you ATRS!
    What do you mean you took it out of the box? That's it warranty has been voided
    OK we will still stand behind it even if it is out of the box.
    Seriously, Thank you for the compliment on our quality and for your business!
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there