Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: ATRS "Deathgrip" tripod rifle rest now in production

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rstjean View Post
    I was just wondering if you guys were still on schedule for shipping these in the first couple weeks of July?
    We expect the parts back from the anodizer next week so only assembly is left. Short answer mid July is what we are hoping for so that those who ordered them for the mid July PRS matches have them to use.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    We expect the parts back from the anodizer next week so only assembly is left. Short answer mid July is what we are hoping for so that those who ordered them for the mid July PRS matches have them to use.
    Nice hopefully my pre order made it in the first batch.

I saw these at the Taber shoot on June 3rd. Thought they were well made. $350 is not unreasonable for what the quality is. But that's just my opinion.
    Yep, it's like that.....

Is there any conformation that this is a turn key set up with tripod included ?

There is no tripod included with it. I have personally shot off this vice and it is exceptional, I will be adding one to my gear one of these days for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybeachboy View Post
    Is there any conformation that this is a turn key set up with tripod included ?
    We had one of these out this weekend again for a bit of a fun competition shoot - again -beautiful piece of kit. For the tripods if i can give my 2 cents, the buyer needs to understand what they want to do and what weight they want to carry.
    I have a Vortex Summit trip i have used this with, tripod and ball head are very light - awesome for carrying and sitting shots. Downside - at full height for standing its a little flimsy for my liking. This tripod is built for spotting scopes and should be used as that or for lower settings when using a saddle.
    My Manfrotto MT055X Pro with BHQ2 Ball Head is awesome, very sturdy and stable at full height. Downside - its heavy and long in this configuration.
    The newest addition is the Manfrotto 055cxpro4 - light, strong and stable. Downside is cost.

ATRS cant supply a tripod that works perfect for everyone, depending on your needs and limits you will need to choose. I think Rick has the shop one on an aluminum Manfrotto MT055X, and its a pretty perfect combination of $$ to value, but others might even choose the Mann 190 series.
    Rifle weight and other factors need to be considered, but for sure, the death-grip holds strong - even an 18lb rifle didn't wobble at all when locked into it.

If you're in Montreal, a good camera shop can give you advice on a tripod and save you some shipping costs. As soon as these become available, I'll have mine mounted on my tripod and in my rifle bag.

We are assembling these as fast as we can. We should have some but not all ready tomorrow.
    For guys that are needing them for the Milo match this weekend please let me know and I will bring them to the match. For those going to the Edson match next weekend, again let us know and Dustin can bring them up to that match.
    The rest will ship ASAP as they are assembled.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

All pre-orders for Deathgrips have been shipped out. For anyone wanting 1 we have them listed for sale on our website as regularly stocked items now.

I took a couple pictures of my new deathgrip. This is a very smooth and strong gun vise.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    Looks nice, what tripod is recommended to go with it?
    Mismatch is the new black