Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chiappa 1892 Mare's Leg Scorpio Edition .44Mag & .357Mag 12" Barrel 6-shot

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Gorgeous looking rifle, thanks North Sylva!...

Now, why isn't there a lever action carbine rifle ( full stock ), made by Chiappa that doesn't require a mortgage to buy? All the pistol calibers, 357, 44, 45 Colt, 454 etc.

Marlin is coming out with an awesome 1894 Stainless SBL carbine, but $1400.00 MSRP is a lot to swallow!.....

Just my thoughts....
    I recently bought an 1892 45 colt case hardened with a 20" barrel from a local Canadian Tire for $799.99+tax... they are out there. Chiappa calls 20" barrel a carbine... me, I consider it a carbine at 16". They also had a 357 in the same thing for the same money
    National Firearms Association Member NFA, Canadian Coalition For Firearms Rights Member CCFR, Canadian Shooting Sports Association Member CSSA,
    Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation Member SWF, Conservative Party of Canada Member CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Make a 12" barrel trapper with reg hoop and a saddle ring.

Wow, I wish they would come out with a 44 mag with a 12" bbl and a bobbed stk that would fit in a backpack and be affordable... oh wait, they did. Full house 265 grain Honady's into 3" at 20 yards (minute of bear) Easy to shoot without a whole ton of recoil and yes you can use the sights quite nicely. Does require a firm grip, but don't need a full butt stk. Got bunch of rifles with those. A legal 24" long firearm that fits in a backpack(or tac scabbard, or holster if you like), that packs a 44 mag punch....What's not to like?

I like the scorpion on the receiver, looks cool to me!....

With a full stock it would be a sweetheart to shoot.

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    I've had a few of these, they really need a full stock
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

CGN Regular
    Can the stocks for the Win 1892 rifles fit if tweaked slightly? That seems like it could be an option. Unless I’m wrong, becuase I don’t have a Scorpio, an 1892, or a Boyd stock to try....

CGN Regular
    I'd love a 45 70 trapper style like this.

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Carbine style stock is available as an accessory. MSRP$242.99. SKU: 098.449.
    Is there a link to these stocks. I can't find them on any sites

Someone needs to make a full length stock. A lot of people asking for them.

I wonder where you will be able to find a stock for these, I’m looking for one for my ranch hand to try it out.

Boys these guns are a whole lot of fun tho. I was out with my ranch hand last weekend having a time. They take a bit of practice but once you do it enough you can have lots of fun. I was practicing one handing it until I could hit pop cans from a little bit of distance

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234