Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Surplus 8mm Mauser Ammunition

Would be down for surplus 8mm
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

Anyone from Winnipeg want to split a case? Thinking about grabbing one
    Anything with tits, tires or tracks, its gonna cost ya.

CGN Regular
    Just did it. 4 x boxes of PPU picked up at Cabelas Spokane on my way through on vacation. $19.99 per box. There was another sticker for $17.99 but couldn't decipher the brand that was listed.

Unfortunately, or good depending on your view, I was only able to stop at one and they had 5 boxes. No hassle at the border whatsoever. Last time I travelled from the west coast to the east coast I went through the US and stopped at EVERY Cabelas between Washington state and Maine that straddled my route. I was by myself However, I never spotted a single box of 8mm mauser, not a one. That was 3 years ago.

There seemed to plenty of other types, and particularly lots of 22LR, but the prices were comparable with exchange etc. I have bought S&B 8mm SP ammo plenty in Halifax at Rons and his prices have steadily risen. $32 last look. So $19.99 isn't bad, maybe $26 with exchange. Considering availability I count myself lucky. I have learned with Mausers and reloading for them, get it while you can.

Be cautious. Russian capture ammo? If it is WWII vintage and was manufactured in Czechoslovakia you are welcome to it. If not, go for it. The workers in the German-run Czech ammunition factories were fearless and renowned for sabotaging some of the ammunition they were manufacturing for Germany. Everything from artillery duds to overcharged, undercharged or no-charged small arms ammo. Their clandestine work creating 88 mm duds saved very many Allied lives.

man, you live in north Korea? I'm jealous, I always wanted to live there
    I like guns

Quote Originally Posted by knotking View Post
    Just did it. 4 x boxes of PPU picked up at Cabelas Spokane on my way through on vacation. $19.99 per box. There was another sticker for $17.99 but couldn't decipher the brand that was listed.

Unfortunately, or good depending on your view, I was only able to stop at one and they had 5 boxes. No hassle at the border whatsoever. Last time I travelled from the west coast to the east coast I went through the US and stopped at EVERY Cabelas between Washington state and Maine that straddled my route. I was by myself However, I never spotted a single box of 8mm mauser, not a one. That was 3 years ago.

There seemed to plenty of other types, and particularly lots of 22LR, but the prices were comparable with exchange etc. I have bought S&B 8mm SP ammo plenty in Halifax at Rons and his prices have steadily risen. $32 last look. So $19.99 isn't bad, maybe $26 with exchange. Considering availability I count myself lucky. I have learned with Mausers and reloading for them, get it while you can.
    The Canadians don't care if you bring it in, the Americans care if you take it out.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the_tracker View Post
    Be cautious. Russian capture ammo? If it is WWII vintage and was manufactured in Czechoslovakia you are welcome to it. If not, go for it. The workers in the German-run Czech ammunition factories were fearless and renowned for sabotaging some of the ammunition they were manufacturing for Germany. Everything from artillery duds to overcharged, undercharged or no-charged small arms ammo. Their clandestine work creating 88 mm duds saved very many Allied lives.
    it is pre-war 38/39 from the case dates I have seen.

very interested. would take a few cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Zombies! Where the f@$# are all the zombies? That's the trouble with zombies, they're unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWharGoul View Post
    very interested. would take a few cases.
    It's for sale: https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...unds-variation
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

I'd like to see a couple real world reviews of the 8x57 that can am is currently selling.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -USMC-

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast