Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Surplus 8mm Mauser Ammunition

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    Anyone who has had issues with pierced primers or gas leaks, was it a surplus rifle and has the head space been verified? Excess firing pin protrusion?

These are not "weak" loads but they are not overpressure.
    Of course this stuff gets shot out of milsurp rifles... it's remanufactured milsurp ammo.
    0.063 and 0.060 firing pin protrusion respectively on my 2 rifles, and they both won't close on the field gauge.

Anyways, like I've said, no issues with the 196 grain S&B, which comes out the muzzle at the same velocity. No stuck cases no pierced primers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpbird91 View Post
    it probably just sold out
    When I asked it was on sale one day and gone the next when it looked like they still had plenty in stock, and usually they have it listed as sold out if that's the case and not removed completely from the website. This was also around all the talk of it possibly being loaded too hot, so it all seemed kind of suspicious.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

ive shot the ammo thru a couple m98s. Never had issues and the ammo is not loaded hot. Its a 198gr bullet at 2500 fps out of a 24inch barrel. Its a moderate load. Hot load is 200gr at 2600fps+. It also shot accurate with no primer issues.
    "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” Only by the name of Jesus! Acts 4:12

It’s no hotter than S and B by felt recoil or point of impact certainly. There’s just something about the Can Am stuff my k98 or m48 don’t like. I can deal with hard extraction but I was getting pierced primers too. That’s a deal breaker. Both rifles are in good shape and neither will close on a “field” gauge. I bought a guage just because of this stuff actually. I’m just interested now as to why some have issues with it and others dont. Strange.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    O.K. first time shooting my downloaded to 41 gr. ammo
    The same M48 locks up the bolt and still gets pierced primers
    I tried my Husqvarna FN 98 and it worked fine with downloaded 41 gr. and original hot ammo
    looking at the primers ..I could/should drop down to 40 gr.
    Next up is I'm going to try another M48A
    Stay tuned

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Update.. ^^^That M48 has a non-matching bolt
    So a different M48A I shot 2 of the 41grain..cycled well , no primer piercing, some primer flattning
    Then 2 of the hot loads.. bolt was a little snug, shiney marks on the brass with no primer piecing, some flattning of primers
    So a matching bolt gun seems to work O.K. with hot ammo.. But I'm going to download to 40 gr.
    A non-matching bolt gun is unuseable with this ammo

Is this stuff corrosive
    grizzly 378

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    I shot a box a couple weeks ago, only bought 20 rounds to try locally. Thinking there may be more down the road. They recoiled about the same as my S&B SPCE which thump harder than Hornady, Winchester or PPU rounds. I hunt with S&B and that ammo is a perfect match to my iron sights. This ammo shot about 2 inch groups about where I was aiming. Had I bought the discounted family pack I would be happy with a hoard of plinking ammo. As it is now I still only shoot my mausers on my Birthday and special occasions unless hunting with them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly416 View Post
    Is this stuff corrosive
    reprimed non corrosive

Back in stock
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567