Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Surplus 8mm Mauser Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    Say no more!

Burdan primed I assume?
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Zombies! Where the f@$# are all the zombies? That's the trouble with zombies, they're unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWharGoul View Post
    Say no more!

Burdan primed I assume?
    Yes, I have updated the description for the case on the website.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Ok, now a challenge: can you find 7mm mauser (7x57mm)? I bought all 3 boxes of PPU you had available in my last order.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Ok, now a challenge: can you find 7mm mauser (7x57mm)? I bought all 3 boxes of PPU you had available in my last order.
    We can special order it for you if you want.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    We can special order it for you if you want.
    You mean you can order surplus 7x57 or PPU 7x57? I'd be interested in surplus if that even exists (and if NC and priced roughly like the8x7) but the regular stuff I'll just randomly add a box or 3 when I make an order for other stuff.

Here is some info I ran across when looking at German Mil surp, modern German MG3 which is a MG42 re config to 7.62 nato,
    Germany still uses the modern MG3 and they have a dual mount anti aircraft mount, that has 2 guns on the one mount and can
    be fired both same time or single, what I found was that Germany still has in there inventory 8mm ammo and conversion back to MG42
    the reason is the 8mm has longer range with a 198 gr bullet , and harder hitting , for anti aircraft role. rather than a 7.62 nato which we all know 147 gr.
    Has any one looked into finding if Germany has any surp ammo, they sell often to small countries ammo and guns from there inventory,
    Spain and Greece use the MG42 and mg3 and so does Portugal FNM made very nice ammo, the bullet for the 8mm is so sharp and pointed you can
    use a round a weapon, it looks like a big SS109 556 bullet . can dealers still get FN ammo from sources, I can see it still for sale in the US.
    Last edited by ziggyboy; 09-27-2017 at 04:18 AM.
    On all my deals both selling and buying I want and put signature with a tracking number.
    I have always done deals this way, it protects both the seller and the buyer,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1's Avatar
    Are the Berden primers a common diameter? Or are they like most .303 and an odd size?

I am set up to re-load Berden and if primers can be easily found these might be even better deal.
    I'm no Superman, but don't worry, it's a common mistake.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1 View Post
    Are the Berden primers a common diameter? Or are they like most .303 and an odd size?

I am set up to re-load Berden and if primers can be easily found these might be even better deal.
    Yes, they are the standard large rifle berdan used in all the modern berdan rifle ammo

CGN Regular

CGN Regular
    This stuff shows signs of high pressure. Flattened out primers, and cratered around the firing pin. Also hard to open the bolt, difficult extraction.
    I decided to pull a few apart, and measure out the load. Based on the drawing I've provided, the load should be 44 grains for a brass cased round with the 197.5 grain S.S. (Schweres Spitzgeschoß) ("heavy spitzer") projectile. The powder looks identical to the stuff I've pulled out of German WW2 7.92x57 ammo with headtsamps, so I'm positive the powder was not changed. It did measure out to 44.7 grains for both rounds I pulled. The projectiles were 196.5 and 197.1.
    Cartridge OAL is as it should be. I think the non corrosive primer is probably a bit hotter, and they put slightly more powder in than they took out when these were rebuilt.
    I fired these out of a VZ-24, and the recoil was pretty stout. Tried to Chrony a few of them, but with all the snow on the ground, and it was getting close to dusk, i could not get one reading. Too bad i wasted 5 round on that.
    I also measured the spent cased of length, compared to the unfired ones, and they stretched about 0.019.

I'm curious to see what experiences any of you have had with this ammo.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast