Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RC Review of a used HVA / FN 98 Mauser Tradex Product

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Riflechair's Avatar

RC Review of a used HVA / FN 98 Mauser Tradex Product

Don't worry - its good news...

In my opinion....
    The HVA / FN 98 marriage was genetic match.
    I'm pleased that no-one else bought this experienced commercial 98 mauser from Tradex - now its mine!
    Absolutely fantastic value for money.

Cheers
    and as always
    Maple Leaf Up

PS: The bruising forward of the rifle's wrist has to have come from walking for miles slung over a chaps shoulder. Maybe he had a belt order with a proud pouch buckle. In any case a classic hunters rifle. I'm thrilled - essentially a hunters milsurp and if that hunter is still alive I'd like to buy him a beer.

Thank You Tradex for bringing these in.
    If you can find more please give us some consideration. CHEERS

PPS: Tradex had no idea I was going to make this video.

Last edited by Riflechair; 05-30-2017 at 10:31 PM.
    Maple Leaf Up!

Thanks RC. I already gave my Yugo M48 the treatment because of your video, now im going to haunt Tradex looking for another swede mauser to pretty up.
    Bolt actions speak louder than words.

How to know it is large ring or small ring?and are there any long barrel for 8*57js?
    thank you

Bach Brandenburg
    "Giveth thine possessions upon Michael of Canmore and thou shalt never be possessionless." - Norc 3:05

Well Done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goo98 View Post
    Bach Brandenburg
    Maple Leaf Up!

Quote Originally Posted by taosicheng View Post
    How to know it is large ring or small ring?and are there any long barrel for 8*57js?
    thank you
    If it says '96 in the description then it's a small ring, '98 large.
    I'm embarrassed to say how many of these I've bought from Tradex...Swede '96 sporters, HVA '98's and 1600's. Best deals going for the kind of quality you get.
    This is probably my favorite rifle I got from them, weird little HVA 1600 FG Dahlberg in 6.5x55 with 53cm barrel.

Last edited by Hitzy; 06-02-2017 at 08:19 AM.

I love cruising the Tradex webpage for my next purchase. Bought 4 rifles so far and have been happy with every one.
    There's no cure for the addiction.

CGN Regular
    Pretty rifle, but dang, that barrel goes on for days! I'd get that puppy cut and crowned at 20 inches and then you're away to the races.

The best rifles available were made long ago. Any beginning hunter or shooter would not only save a few bucks buying one of these, but they'd probably have a better rifle. I absolutely love the 648 commercial 98 HVA like the one you've got. Swede snobs will say its not a 1900.............but its more my style, and has a fabulous feel and balance. Especially with the open sights, although I have scoped most of my swede sporters as I dont want a drilled and tapped milsurp.

Quote Originally Posted by Philthy1 View Post
    The best rifles available were made long ago. Any beginning hunter or shooter would not only save a few bucks buying one of these, but they'd probably have a better rifle. I absolutely love the 648 commercial 98 HVA like the one you've got. Swede snobs will say its not a 1900.............but its more my style, and has a fabulous feel and balance. Especially with the open sights, although I have scoped most of my swede sporters as I dont want a drilled and tapped milsurp.
    I can sure feel that. It has taken me a long effort and financial toll to figure this out.
    I've tried some of the most modern firearms available and I keep coming back to the old standards.
    Maple Leaf Up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast