Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What items do you need a PAL in order to buy?

What items do you need a PAL in order to buy?

I was wondering if I could stock up on magazines before getting my PAL. Is it just ammunition and firearms themselves that require the PAL? Or do magazine sales require a PAL as well?

Thanks all,
    A noob

Edit: Nevermind, I found an older thread that answered my question. Sorry for the spam.
    Last edited by TorontoGunNut; 05-31-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Buy as many mags as you want......
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF

Does anyone know of Canadian tire ask for PAL if I need to buy magazine? Still waiting for my PAL but saw ruger 1022 magazines for 21.99. I know legally you dont need PAL to buy accessories but just asking about store policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Puttalu View Post
    Does anyone know of Canadian tire ask for PAL if I need to buy magazine? Still waiting for my PAL but saw ruger 1022 magazines for 21.99. I know legally you dont need PAL to buy accessories but just asking about store policy.
    Shouldn't be needed but CTC gun policies are set per store I believe so you'd be better off calling them to ask.

And that's a fantastic price for BX-1 mags!
    Indeed,
    it ain't over until the nourishment enhanced non male peoplekind sings.
    straightandnarrow

Quote Originally Posted by hisnibs View Post
    Shouldn't be needed but CTC gun policies are set per store I believe so you'd be better off calling them to ask.

And that's a fantastic price for BX-1 mags!
    Update: went to canadian tire today. Bought 2 BX-1 for 21.99 ( in store clearance). No questions asked. My first ever purchase for the new hobby. Still waiting for my PAL.

Q. What items do you need a PAL in order to buy?

A. your RENEWED PAL. :-D

Officially, I think only firearm with S/N on it, ammo, and firearm parts like receiver / main frame.
    Other than that, should be ok without PAL.

friend of Mine just called me he is not a gun guy was buying a slide for a birthday present for his son who has a R pal his son had purchased a lower recently poor kid purchased a really pricy black rifle he saved and paid it down got his year membership last February and in may he could no longer go to the range with it .
    So he purchased a lower was saving to buy a slide his Dad decided he and his wife would buy him a slide I told them they didn't need a pal so after a long hunt I found them a complete gen 3 G19 they had purchased a New gen4 not knowing there was any difference big thanks to a sponsor here for taking it back no problem , Anyway it was RDSC who had the Slide he put it on his credit card and they emails him saying they needed his DOB and PAL number .
    They told him it was there policy on anything more than $750 so they made and his wife send photo's of there DL's wife had current address and His as card was in his name and picture of the Credit card , but initially they were pretty firm on wanting a PAL he was honest and after some discussion this was decided on .
    He called me between asking if I would use my PAL and Hold the Slide for his son he was pretty stressed about as they only had one and after the Gen 4 mishap and how difficult it was to find he did not want to miss it .
    They did sell it to them but this is a example of how Policy is different in some stores , he showed me the email Chain and I had never seen anything like this in the industry before .
    Anyone eles encounter this ?

CGN frequent flyer
    My advice is don't buy anything unless you have somewhere to shoot it. If want to be a collector that's a different story

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    Go buy a Flint lock rifle , no PAL required , at least up till last year !

Quote Originally Posted by bushwacker's View Post
    friend of Mine just called me he is not a gun guy was buying a slide for a birthday present for his son who has a R pal his son had purchased a lower recently poor kid purchased a really pricy black rifle he saved and paid it down got his year membership last February and in may he could no longer go to the range with it .
    So he purchased a lower was saving to buy a slide his Dad decided he and his wife would buy him a slide I told them they didn't need a pal so after a long hunt I found them a complete gen 3 G19 they had purchased a New gen4 not knowing there was any difference big thanks to a sponsor here for taking it back no problem , Anyway it was RDSC who had the Slide he put it on his credit card and they emails him saying they needed his DOB and PAL number .
    They told him it was there policy on anything more than $750 so they made and his wife send photo's of there DL's wife had current address and His as card was in his name and picture of the Credit card , but initially they were pretty firm on wanting a PAL he was honest and after some discussion this was decided on .
    He called me between asking if I would use my PAL and Hold the Slide for his son he was pretty stressed about as they only had one and after the Gen 4 mishap and how difficult it was to find he did not want to miss it .
    They did sell it to them but this is a example of how Policy is different in some stores , he showed me the email Chain and I had never seen anything like this in the industry before .
    Anyone eles encounter this ?
    You can 3D print a Glock. That's pretty much the best answer I can give you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast