Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Father's Day AR15 Special

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by captainamazing View Post
    I second this request. Source your theories!
    Cannot recall where I read it. Likely a thread on CGN. Don't take it as gospel, just my understanding. At the end of the day you can look at the historical prices of the rifle over the past few years and it's always hovered around the $900-1000 mark. Regardless of why the prices are lower the point is that they're lower and at $700 they seem like quite the bargain for a well reputed entry level AR.

Quote Originally Posted by JoBrook Firearms View Post
    Hey guys we're running a Father's Day AR15 special! Any one of the three, your choice, for $699! As always, free freight over $300!
    ------------------------------------------

1. M&P Sport AR15 223
    2. DPMS Oracle 223 16" barrel
    3. Diamondback AR15 223

------------------------------------------
    Call us toll-free at 1-855-888-4867.
    While supplies last
    Anyone hear willing to give some input on the 3 available for some of us AR noobs?
    Maybe a comparison of features and have's or have not's?

Guaranteed, the DPMS and the M&P sport has the ribbed handguard, delta ring, and the a2 sight block. So essentially the same.

But the Diamondback, I have no clue. Jo Brook needs to chime in here.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Pin View Post
    Anyone hear willing to give some input on the 3 available for some of us AR noobs?
    Maybe a comparison of features and have's or have not's?

Of the three listed, I purchased the M&P. But only because at the time it was the best deal.. The Oracle has very good reviews, but I think it is optics ready so no sites, the Diamondback really depends, I have seen them with the carry handle sites and also optics ready. If Optics ready, I would go with the M&P. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by 700-223 View Post
    Why don't you tell us what you'd consider real evidence and we'll see if we can meet your standard of proof?

Certainly prices south of the border seem to be lower at the moment as well and I've read the same thing on multiple firearms enthusiast websites. Demand (of AR's in particular) is down and sales volumes are being maintained only through discounts. Fits what I'm seeing and reading in multiple places, but other than sales data from the NSSF and/or a few of the manufacturers I'm not sure how you'd be sure.

Maybe you could provide an alternative theory to fit the observations and citations to match?
    Anything that isn't forum gossip would be ok with me. Even a gun blog written by a semi reputable website maybe?

I don't have any theories I'm just wondering where your theory started and whether or not there is something other than forum chit chat to source it?

Quote Originally Posted by sushix2 View Post
    Guaranteed, the DPMS and the M&P sport has the ribbed handguard, delta ring, and the a2 sight block. So essentially the same.

But the Diamondback, I have no clue. Jo Brook needs to chime in here.
    Doesn't the dpms have the low pro gas block thats ever so slightly lower than the upper rail?

Tagged. Waiting for more info.
    "Take a deep breath, and find your balls..."

CGN frequent flyer
    They are less than 699 some places
    Good to have choice but it's not a special
    CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    When's your web site going to be back up?
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    Quote Originally Posted by amkorp View Post
    This is the 5th time I've heard this theory. However there isn't any real evidence that this is what actually happened. Where is this info coming from?
    Well the M&P 15 Sport II was apparently the best selling rifle in the US last year, so I bet there was probably a run over of production
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast