Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not renewing range membership, what happens?

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
    It's not CFO, it's people at Miramichi CFC who ask the questions about the club and intended use during the transfer.

CFO asks about club membership only when ATT is issued, and that requirement is BC specific, it is not a requirement under the Act.
    It was the Ontario CFO that started all this membership crap in the first place NOT the CFC. The CFO is the one that puts the final approval on transfers the CFC just starts the process.
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    The approved shooting club is required to advise the CFO of any membership changes, so they will inform the CFO.
    No they are not.

They are required to maintain records for six years and at the request of the CFO supply said info. But they are not required to and do not report changes to membership.

Shawn

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    The approved shooting club is required to advise the CFO of any membership changes, so they will inform the CFO.
    An approved shooting club enjoys it's 'approval' at the pleasure of the CFO.

At the chief firearms officer’s request, the operator of the approved shooting club shall submit to the chief firearms officer a report containing all or any requested part of the information described in subsection (1).

In Nova Scotia, the Provincial Firearms Office requires that an approved shooting club advise them of any membership changes.

Records

14 (1) The operator of an approved shooting club shall keep records, with respect to the following users of restricted firearms or prohibited firearms, that include

(a) with respect to a member or officer of the club

(i) his or her name, address and phone number,

(ii) his or her membership card number, and

(iii) the number of his or her licence to possess firearms or, if one does not exist, his or her date of birth; and

(b) with respect to a guest of a member or officer of the club

(i) the information required in subparagraph (a)(i), and

(ii) the number of his or her licence to possess firearms, if one exists.

(2) Every record made under subsection (1) must be maintained for at least six years.

(3) At the chief firearms officer’s request, the operator of the approved shooting club shall submit to the chief firearms officer a report containing all or any requested part of the information described in subsection (1).

Participation of Officers, Members and their Guests

15 (1) The operator of an approved shooting club shall, on the request of a chief firearms officer, supply a written description of the participation, if any, of a current or past member or officer of the shooting club or his or her guest, in target practice or target shooting competitions within the previous five years, where subsection 67(2) of the Act applies to the member, officer or guest.

(2) The operator of an approved shooting club shall, on the request of a current or past member or officer of the shooting club or his or her guest, supply to the requestor the description referred to in subsection (1) that concerns the requestor.

<http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-98-212/FullText.html>
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

And no where does it say change of membership or that clubs must provide it.

Unless the CFO is sending a request to the club every month and cross referencing it with the list from the previous month and then cross referencing that list with RPAL info. It simply is not happening, and if clubs are informing the CFO any time some one does not renew the members in that club need to fire the executive.

Shawn

CGN frequent flyer Doug The Canuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cns187 View Post
    Let's say I am a member at a range but for some reason I cannot rejoin any range the following year due to money. What happens? Am I then classified as a collector?
    There is another wrinkle you need to think about as well. Most clubs will allow a sabbatical from membership because of temporary financial strife, or job relocation etc., but it usually has a limit, usually 2 or 3 years. Once you are dropped from the club roster, you will have to re-apply for membership in the club.

Many Ontario clubs now have a waiting list. Some as long as 3 years, so think this through. It may not be as simple as it seems.
    CSSA, NRA, NSCA Instructor, OFAH

Gun Control Is Like Trying To Prevent Drunk Driving By Making It Harder For Sober Drivers To Own Cars

Quote Originally Posted by cns187 View Post
    Let's say I am a member at a range but for some reason I cannot rejoin any range the following year due to money. What happens? Am I then classified as a collector?
    I was a pistol club member for many years until I had a motorcycle accident. I was out of the club for almost six years. I own both prohibs and restricted and never had a problem including my PAL renewal.

Luckily I was able to rejoin easily as our club has a medical leave clause.
    Paul

CGN Regular
    For an inexpensive proof of membership option, you can purchase an online membership from silvercore.ca for $49.

Quote Originally Posted by dm9 View Post
    For an inexpensive proof of membership option, you can purchase an online membership from silvercore.ca for $49.
    Will this cause any issues with the ATT if for example I reside in Ontario, but the gun club location is in BC?
    Last edited by Third Echelon; 06-07-2017 at 04:39 PM.
    “War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.”

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Echelon View Post
    Will this cause any issues with the ATT if for example I reside in Ontario, but the gun club location is in BC?
    Your CFO should issue you a paper ATT to travel from your residence (ON) to the range (BC). Your PAL and Special Conditions addendum (if new) covers you in province. If you dont have a new one, request one.

Quote Originally Posted by dm9 View Post
    Your CFO should issue you a paper ATT to travel from your residence (ON) to the range (BC). Your PAL and Special Conditions addendum (if new) covers you in province. If you dont have a new one, request one.
    Thanks dm9. This is clear now. Much obliged.
    “War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast