Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My FB status update.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer werewolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by btabin View Post
    *Unpopular opinion warning*

And just how many would have never started to begin with had they been made to feel included, had they been hugged, had someone talked to them, had someone understood their inner turmoil, had foreign troops not invaded their home, had the wanton bombings never started, and so on and so forth?

I agree that when incidents like what happened in the UK occur, the best way to end them is with indeed good guys with guns. However killing a few bad guys doesn't solve the problem of why they exist in the first place. Wouldn't you agree it's better to solve the problem before "putting enough lead in them" becomes the only option?
    I think that putting enough lead in em is the only way to stop someone hell bent on destroying our civilization.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    I think that putting enough lead in em is the only way to stop someone hell bent on destroying our civilization.
    And why are they hell bent on destroying us? It's not impossible to find out their reason and to try to change their minds before they commit these heinous acts. Many people have been involved in violent groups before and have changed for the better and renounced their views.

I want to make clear I'm not advocating trying to sit down and talk with someone in the middle of a killing spree. That's a good way to add yourself to the body count. If they've reached that point, by all means pump them full of lead. I believe everyone has the right to defend themselves. What I'm trying to say is it is better to stop them before they reach that stage. And the best way to do that, as cheesy and cliché as it sounds, is love.

CGN frequent flyer
    And why are they hell bent on destroying us? It's not impossible to find out their reason and to try to change their minds before they commit these heinous acts. Many people have been involved in violent groups before and have changed for the better and renounced their views.

I want to make clear I'm not advocating trying to sit down and talk with someone in the middle of a killing spree. That's a good way to add yourself to the body count. If they've reached that point, by all means pump them full of lead. I believe everyone has the right to defend themselves. What I'm trying to say is it is better to stop them before they reach that stage. And the best way to do that, as cheesy and cliché as it sounds, is love.
    100% Agree!

Also, the good guys with guns need to be properly trained professionals. Anything less is asking for more problems than it solves.

Edit - no point starting this

We are missing a key point in life. In Britain, they have given up responsibility for taking care of themselves and given that role to the police. I come from an RCMP family and one thing my dad always taught me is that you are responsible for your own safety. Anywhere, anytime. I trained in the early days of IPSC and followed the teachings of Jeff Cooper. I sometimes get chided by family and friends as they think I'm either paranoid of obsessing over personal safety. Police react to critical incidents but when SHTF you and only you, are responsible for wether or not you become a witness or a statistic. 360' all the time people.
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
    -H. L. Mencken

Extra note, as a Christian God tells us to love and forgive. Training and reality tell us that sometimes you need a bit more than love. Take that as you will. Stay safe and keep your mind sharp!
    Last edited by bjjzak; 06-05-2017 at 12:02 AM.
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
    -H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Bitterman View Post
    I hope you have asbestos underpants on, because you're going to be roasted for having the audacity to take a cheap shot at Reagan by using a Michael Moore clip. Talk about not reading the room!
    “...Only accurate rifles are interesting.”
    - Colonel Townsend Whelen

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by bjjzak View Post
    We are missing a key point in life. In Britain, they have given up responsibility for taking care of themselves and given that role to the police. I come from an RCMP family and one thing my dad always taught me is that you are responsible for your own safety. Anywhere, anytime. I trained in the early days of IPSC and followed the teachings of Jeff Cooper. I sometimes get chided by family and friends as they think I'm either paranoid of obsessing over personal safety. Police react to critical incidents but when SHTF you and only you, are responsible for wether or not you become a witness or a statistic. 360' all the time people.
    Second that.

You can't rationalize with a people that have stated that the infidel must be converted or exterminated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast