Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Lithgow f90 is a great gun

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    I think its great that they are trying, and absoloutely give them a tip of my hat for working on the F90. I can absolutely appreciate their efforts.

However I cannot disscount the fact that they incredibly, purposely, missrepresented the NR AK project, and used that to turn hype to 11 for a full year all the while playing up what ground breaking accomplishment it was going to be, only to let people down with "oh by the way, not only is it only a look alike, it is only a straight pull bolt action".

I mean, whats the point of that project if its not SA? To me if it doesn't even opperate in SA its about as effective as a airsoft or deact, most others felt similarly, as such TW got laughed at.

I dont figure they are a terrible importer, but it definitely a terrible business move to leave out the straight pull bolt action detail (SPBA) until the hype train had already reached full steam ahead for 6 or more months.

NEA would have been in the same spot if they dropped the SPBA bomb on the 102 a week before releasing the FRT.

I hope thats not how they intend to achieve a non-prohib status on the F90! haha
    you make some good points, a smart person learns from mistakes, and i think that is what trigger is doing here, the RCMP first answer is always NO, then its up to the importer and the maker of the firearm to prove otherwize, there is a process, and the game has to be played well.
    i think from the info i have seen and the gun in hand, knowing the AUG quite well , it has a very then good chance.
    So happy to see people with more money then i working on bringing good new product like this to market.
    BBB

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Can't see this not being a Steyr AUG variant, but I've been surprised before.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    you make some good points, a smart person learns from mistakes, and i think that is what trigger is doing here, the RCMP first answer is always NO, then its up to the importer and the maker of the firearm to prove otherwize, there is a process, and the game has to be played well.
    i think from the info i have seen and the gun in hand, knowing the AUG quite well , it has a very then good chance.
    So happy to see people with more money then i working on bringing good new product like this to market.
    BBB
    Indeed. I would for sure be interested in grabbing one of these if TW can swing it. If they can play the game well I to think it has a good chance after looking at and reading how it differs from the AUG. The ATRS Modern line of rifles have more in common with the AR than the F90 does with the AUG, but the concerning difference is how Lithgow has previously suggested it is a new version of the proven AUG platform.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

BANNED
    Announcement on these coming tomorrow

***fingers crossed***

CGN frequent flyer THE_SASQUATCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HK45auto View Post

***fingers crossed***
    For real? Says who!?!?

***fingers crossed***
    Tagged

If deemed non-res I'll have to pick one up

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

***fingers crossed***
    Tomorrow is saturday--I doubt the lab is open tomorrow to release any statement. Unless you mean someone else with official status?

An X95 in one hand, an F90 in the other? In a world of conventional layout firearms, the bullpups need to stick together. Tagged for this pending announcement

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    I am praying for this one. NR would be awesome as I am an AUG enthusiast
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead