Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leupold Mark 4 Optics

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sillymike's Avatar
    Standing guard with the Radical Gun Lobby
    Quote Originally Posted by Recce21 View Post
    What 2 tier system? They have discontinued Mark 4 sales to the public in order to focus on military/LE contracts of the Mark 4. You know, the guys that actually need them when lives are in the balance. There are things on the horizon and civvies will be happy but this "2 tier" stuff is not at all true.
    Are they restricting sales because they lack inventory to supply the guys in green/blue?... Or are they restricting sales because we somehow cannot be trusted with such piece of equipment?

I've been a Leupold fanboy for thirty some years, but if they think I cannot be trusted with their MK4, I probably shouldn't be trusted with their other scopes either. So I guess no more Leupold for me.

-

Thanks to Nordic Marksman for bringing them in. I guess it's one last chance to get one, for those of really want one.
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Recce21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    funny,,but canadian snipers do not use Leupold,if you think leupold is the top of the heap,that's funny right there,
    Know a lot of CANSOFCOM guys on the hill? Because I do. And I know what they use. Yes they use a lot of other products as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sillymike View Post
    Are they restricting sales because they lack inventory to supply the guys in green/blue?... Or are they restricting sales because we somehow cannot be trusted with such piece of equipment?
    Think about it for a second. Which one do you think it is? The former or the latter.......what would they be more interested in ensuring? Here's a hint: It's ensuring the proper supply to the good guys who shoot people who do bad things. Why would they restrict civilian sales of the Mark 4 but allow civilian sales of the Mark 6 and Mark 8 in the USA (ITAR issue)? The internet and competitors are trying to make this an issue which is retarded.

CGN Regular
    This is unfortunate....I really like Leupold Optics. So many fine manufacturers with equivalent products out there to purchase from. Very bad business decision on Leupolds behalf.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Runt View Post
    This is unfortunate....I really like Leupold Optics. So many fine manufacturers with equivalent products out there to purchase from. Very bad business decision on Leupolds behalf.
    i doubt its a bad business decision, sell to you, or get a 5000 unit contract?

no idea on how much they are selling to LEO/Armed forces, just painting a picture

CGN Regular
    Mark 4 line has been left in the dust by the competition. The upcoming 'Mark 5' line will be it's replacement for the general population. Mark 4's will be sold/supported to Mil/LEO where they're still used.

That being said, to claim there's no better optic than Leupold is comical.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sillymike's Avatar
    Standing guard with the Radical Gun Lobby
    Reminds me of a certain prancing-horse company who wanted to concentrate on government sales...
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    That being said, to claim there's no better optic than Leupold is comical.
    Show me the scientific data that says they aren't? I've seen the lab testing, ACTUAL lab testing not You Tube jerk offs. How do you determine what is and isn't the best? Subjective claims like features and feel are irrelevant to how the glass performs and reliability after being dropped out of a helicopter. S&B is great but fails in critical testing. Nightforce is currently under a lawsuit (which they WILL lose) because they ripped off Leupold to make their scopes.

Are you still at this? You are going to develop an ulcer. (click here)

Show me the scientific data that says they aren't? I've seen the lab testing, ACTUAL lab testing not You Tube jerk offs. How do you determine what is and isn't the best? Subjective claims like features and feel are irrelevant to how the glass performs and reliability after being dropped out of a helicopter. S&B is great but fails in critical testing. Nightforce is currently under a lawsuit (which they WILL lose) because they ripped off Leupold to make their scopes.
    Last edited by GreenBob; 06-14-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN frequent flyer
    I would actually very much like to see the data.

I am not saying X is better than Y but have a genuine interest.

Dropping my expensive stuff out of a helicopter is not something that I have done so it is an irrelevant criteria to me but I would like to see it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast