Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What firearms or accessories needs to be manufactured in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeVlad View Post
    you basically described a modified SKS lol

You missed the part were I said "decent" in the description of the rifle and "sub 2 MOA accurate". Neither of these two descriptors could ever be used in describing an SKS my friend.

Cheers D
    Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    Actually a tactical budget bolt would be cool. Like a .308 RPR but cheap. They are pretty basic, and for sure NR. If it can be kept under 1grand it'd sell a lot.

The RPR is considered cheap as this rifle is very affordable when you compare what's normal for playing the Long Range Precision Shooting Game.

You might want to take a look at the Savage 10FCP-SR; as it's about as close as it gets to your description.

Cheers D
    Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

CGN frequent flyer
    accepts common pistol mags if it is a semi centrefire
    has proprietary mags (standard capacity) if manual action (troy par but with smarter mags)
    NR
    accepts cheap ammo
    as small and light as legally possible.
    CCFR Member

I like the idea of a pump action Pistol Calibre Carbine with proprietary mags. Imagine a pump 9mm with a 25rnd mag

Heatshields for 590A1's would be an easy sell here and in the states too.

CGN frequent flyer
    Something to replace the 30 30.

Slim and streamlined - say 22 250, 243 or 308 semi auto with detachable clip - with a simple peep sight.

Maybe a detachable scope for hunting season or gopher day - but that is not the norm.

Maybe an extra clip in the buttstock.

Accurate to 200.

This is to be the go-to gun for sounds in the barnyard at night, the treestand in the fall, the truck on the trip north, in the tractor, the camping trip, and other times when having a gun is better than not having a gun.

It must be light, short and pointable - slim and easy to carry in one hand ( like a 30 30. ) I don't like carrying a gun that is thick where it balances - like a bolt action or a double break action.

It must be durable and simple to use when hands are cold or fumbling.

It must be easy to load and unload. The old tube could be topped up - we can't do that with modern clips - but unloading a tube is dangerous and slow.

Plastic stock is fine - Stainless would be finer.

Make it safe for me and unsafe for things that shouldn't be.

Put a light in the forestock if you like - or don't.

A bullpup is fine if the trigger is okay - but they lose the slim, easy to case and uncase shape.

Okay - go carry a Model 94 around a while, put it in the truck and carry it on a quad and climb a stand and get up in the middle of the night and run outside while putting shells in it - then run back in while unloading it as the lights come on at the neighbors. Then you will learn the weaknesses that we need fixed - 120 years later.

It shouldn't rattle like a lever or kick like a mule or take 8x64.5 - made in Switzerstien bullets at 96$ per box. Federchesterington bullets must work - every time.

Make it the gun that we trust - that we want with us when no one is around - like a 30 30 was, an SKS improved or a double rifle with three more shots.

It must not have junk sticking out all over the place like... those guns - making it as convenient as a rototiller to get in and out of action.

9mm rifle, NR, maybe even non semi auto.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroed-In View Post
    The RPR is considered cheap as this rifle is very affordable when you compare what's normal for playing the Long Range Precision Shooting Game.

You might want to take a look at the Savage 10FCP-SR; as it's about as close as it gets to your description.

Cheers D
    I know it's considered affordable compared to a precision rifle but still $1700 plus a scope. It's not like a bolt action has a lot to it. Get a production run of a cool chassis, some receivers, and barrels. Maybe it's 2moa instead of sub moa. Maybe get it for $900.

I refuse to buy any more savage products. Bad luck previously.

If I was going to get anything I'd probably throw a Remington 700 in a chassis. But that's $2300 once you're into it.

Bullpup configuration bolt action that doesn't cost a million dollars.

vented handguards for SKS another vendor has had them before - but if i recall has run into supplier issues?