Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: What firearms or accessories needs to be manufactured in Canada?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    I'd be interested in something NR in 7.62x25 and/or 5.45x39.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    I know it's considered affordable compared to a precision rifle but still $1700 plus a scope. It's not like a bolt action has a lot to it. Get a production run of a cool chassis, some receivers, and barrels. Maybe it's 2moa instead of sub moa. Maybe get it for $900.

I refuse to buy any more savage products. Bad luck previously.

If I was going to get anything I'd probably throw a Remington 700 in a chassis. But that's $2300 once you're into it.
    Nobody wants a 2moa "precision rifle"... besides even cheap bolt guns tend to shoot better than that these days - my 270 axis and 243 Mossberg atr100 are both under $300, and both shoot 1.5" or better if I do my part.

You can get a chassis for a short action axis too, starting at like $400+tax. Gun, chassis and a trigger and you'll have your 2moa rifle for $1k.

I also like the idea of a NR pistol caliber carbine. There are a bunch of options around $1000, but I can't justify that much coin for a plinker gun. If you can make it for $500-600 Id be interested. As for caliber, 7.62x25 certainly has its benefits but I'm not sure if the cheap surplus ammo supply will continue in the future? 9mm is the obvious alternative, but I think I'd want one in 40sw for a bit more oomph for small game hunting.

A pump action in 357mag would be even cooler. Then you could look at scaling it up to 44mag if they are well received?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

A modern looking rifle that uses the sks action that fires 5.45x39.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.g View Post
    A modern looking rifle that uses the sks action that fires 5.45x39.
    Current sanctions make getting surplus 5.45x39 more expensive then new production 7.62x39,so not really an option right now.ive been looking into getting an AR chambered in 5.45.

7.62x25 carbine,with a NR barrel is high on my "need" list,10 round mags are a plus.make it a take down even better.

Canadian made 858 compatible receivers.

Remington 597 chassis

A lighter,modernized version of the Suomi 31 would be pretty cool too.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Nobody wants a 2moa "precision rifle"... besides even cheap bolt guns tend to shoot better than that these days - my 270 axis and 243 Mossberg atr100 are both under $300, and both shoot 1.5" or better if I do my part.

You can get a chassis for a short action axis too, starting at like $400+tax. Gun, chassis and a trigger and you'll have your 2moa rifle for $1k.

I also like the idea of a NR pistol caliber carbine. There are a bunch of options around $1000, but I can't justify that much coin for a plinker gun. If you can make it for $500-600 Id be interested. As for caliber, 7.62x25 certainly has its benefits but I'm not sure if the cheap surplus ammo supply will continue in the future? 9mm is the obvious alternative, but I think I'd want one in 40sw for a bit more oomph for small game hunting.

A pump action in 357mag would be even cooler. Then you could look at scaling it up to 44mag if they are well received?
    It was an example, less concentration on the factory accuracy than sub moa for that price range would absolutely sell. And I'm sure given decent ammo it should shoot good too.

I'd like a full chassis for the look, something like a tac 21. Which alone is almost $700

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeVlad View Post
    IF they were going to make a 7.62x25 carbine..... it should be a PPSH clone.
    Great idea! I'd get a couple for sure

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    Our project with Kodiak Defence Inc is almost done, I am talking about WR762. What other firearm or parts that you want me to invest into.
    Do you need A15, Handguard's ? Mounts? 9 mm rifle? Hunting rifle? Shotgun?

Please tell us

Westrifle Canada
    I think we already have plenty of ar-15's and stuff to bolt on to them. We already have plenty of chassis systems for almost every available target and hunting rifle.
    What we do need is something new to us and since bullpup conversions are prohibited how about a new bolt action bullpup rifle? I absolutely love my Tavor and RFB for both ergonomics and the compact size for hunting but we all know the accuracy is not up to par with a bolt action and therefore severely limits it's effective range. Short compact size and ease of handling in the bush with the ability to reach out and touch something when need be. I'm thinking Desert Tech only this one will be affordable to us common folk without the 7K price tag. To keep costs down focus on one standard short action design with the ability to take common AICS magazines. This would cover most types of hunting from 204/223 for varmints and coyote, to 243/6.5 Creedmoor/308 for most large game. No quick change barrel system as most of these are a week point in accuracy potential. Possibly use a Savage style barrel nut system where all one would need to change calibers is a simple wrench and headspace gauges or a different bolt to go from 223 based to 308 based cartridges. I think there is a huge market for this even if it still costs around $2500 bucks as long as it is a quality build and has the user ability to switch between a variety of calibers. Build it and I am in

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Omg I'd be so in for a decently price drop bullpup bolt action.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    Omg I'd be so in for a decently price drop bullpup bolt action.
    Exactly my point. And I have a good feeling you and I are just the start of this kind of reaction. The flood gates for sales will surely open

I

Expired Business Member
    Any pictures of this idea rifle.
    Also I believe 7.62x39 and 7.62x25 rifle is a good idea.
    Thank you for your comments I like that you guys give me good pointers.
    Also if you have any pictures please post here, even if it is an expensive rifle.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I think we already have plenty of ar-15's and stuff to bolt on to them. We already have plenty of chassis systems for almost every available target and hunting rifle.
    What we do need is something new to us and since bullpup conversions are prohibited how about a new bolt action bullpup rifle? I absolutely love my Tavor and RFB for both ergonomics and the compact size for hunting but we all know the accuracy is not up to par with a bolt action and therefore severely limits it's effective range. Short compact size and ease of handling in the bush with the ability to reach out and touch something when need be. I'm thinking Desert Tech only this one will be affordable to us common folk without the 7K price tag. To keep costs down focus on one standard short action design with the ability to take common AICS magazines. This would cover most types of hunting from 204/223 for varmints and coyote, to 243/6.5 Creedmoor/308 for most large game. No quick change barrel system as most of these are a week point in accuracy potential. Possibly use a Savage style barrel nut system where all one would need to change calibers is a simple wrench and headspace gauges or a different bolt to go from 223 based to 308 based cartridges. I think there is a huge market for this even if it still costs around $2500 bucks as long as it is a quality build and has the user ability to switch between a variety of calibers. Build it and I am in