Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: What firearms or accessories needs to be manufactured in Canada?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    Any pictures of this idea rifle.
    It's hard to post pictures of an idea.... only pictures I have are still in my brain. If I could I would.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar

But not necessarily 1/2 moa and maybe 1/7th of the price lol

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post

But not necessarily 1/2 moa and maybe 1/7th of the price lol
    Not gunna get it done for 1/7th of the price. Thats roughly $1000. Sounds good but if you're expecting any quality at all its going to be more than that.
    I agree 1/2 moa is not necessary but a well thought out design should have no problem achieving 1 moa or better.
    MDT would be the best place to start for the chassis design and would provide a good balance of quality and price. Only problem is a new receiver would have to be designed for this rifle. If they simply took any existing manufactures receiver and applied it to this new bullpup rifle the RCMP would classify it as a conversion and therefore be deemed prohibited. The R&D for a new chassis and receiver to build it would account for nearly $1000 of its price tag with an additional minimum of $1500 more for the rifle build itself. I think my original estimate of a $2500 price tag is more than realistic and not out of reach for a lot of customers.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Exactly my point. And I have a good feeling you and I are just the start of this kind of reaction. The flood gates for sales will surely open

I
    If they tried to use as many commonly available parts and made them in large enough numbers I would like to think they could come in cheaper than that, if ATRS can make the modern varmint sporter for around that price a bolt gun should be a piece of cake. AR grips, and forends, maybe 700 barrels and bolts. Maybe partner up with MDT for the chassis? (If they even have time, they sure seem to be busy churning out great stuff!). The fire control group could be tricky, people will demand a good trigger. I hope someone makes one, preferably a Canadian company, multi-calibre would be great but not if affects the price drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by Uisge View Post
    If they tried to use as many commonly available parts and made them in large enough numbers I would like to think they could come in cheaper than that, if ATRS can make the modern varmint sporter for around that price a bolt gun should be a piece of cake. AR grips, and forends, maybe 700 barrels and bolts. Maybe partner up with MDT for the chassis? (If they even have time, they sure seem to be busy churning out great stuff!). The fire control group could be tricky, people will demand a good trigger. I hope someone makes one, preferably a Canadian company, multi-calibre would be great but not if affects the price drastically.

Yes I think it could be done a little cheaper than my estimate but I'm still looking for as many quality components incorporated as possible. I'm talking solid lightweight chassis, good trigger and good barrel. No need to start buying higher quality components the day you bring your new rifle home. As far as a multi caliber system being expensive there is no need for it to be. If you stick with the savage style barrel nut system like I suggested you can't get much cheaper and it is relatively simple to do the swap. Savage has been using this system on their rifles and it plain and simply works and I don't see expensive Savage rifles because of it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    A serbu knock-off fore grip would be pretty easy. Serbu isn't interested in the Canadian market.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    bullpup 9mm rifle.

Plus Savage pre-fit barrels from good barrel makers are available already. If you still can't get what you want they are easy enough for anyone to make one for you.

I would really like either another 9mm offering or a 7.62x25, a pistol calibre carbine is something that has been missing from my collection for a while. I'd love for whatever it could be to have wood, there are a lot of different plastic furniture options. Though honestly if it looked cool I'd probably buy it either way.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    A modern, semi-automatic Non-AR rifle that uses AICS pattern magazines. It would be non-restricted with unlimited magazines capacity.