Rockcut 3 Gun match

Farmboy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
First I gotta say, being there the day before and all day Sat. till the end, you get an idea of how much work goes into the matches and the amazing job all the volunteers did.

Thank you so much for putting on an amazing match.

If anyone hasn't shot one of the 3 gun matches at Rockcut you really need to.

For me.....

18 out of 38.

I'm happy with that for getting back into shooting matches.

What did I learn?

Small Red Dots suck on pistols for quick, close shooting. I couldn't find the dot a bunch of times and instead of point shooting I wasted time. Can be seen on the John Wick stage results.

Shotgun reloads need work. I'll work on that once I have a dedicated 3 gun shotgun LOL

Practice with the gear before the match. I used borrowed Beowulf mags which gave me an advantage on mag capacity but rounds moved around when the mag was in my redi mod.
This caused rounds to stick straight up out of the mag after it dropped from the redi mod.

I really need to work on trigger speed for double taps. This would shave a bunch of time off as well.

So off to the range I go with a list of things to work on.

Overall results here

Super fun! Challenging stages and a great group of volunteers that put on the match. I will try and attend every match at the Rockcut from now on.

I was told one of the keys to doing well in 3gun is to just make the day without equipment malfunctions.
I learned the hard way once again.
Had a ton of fun as always and I can't wait for the next one. I absolutely loved the John Wick stage.

I agree the match was, as always, a great one. I had the great fortune of my gear all working great and no mental malfunctions and so managed to squeak out a 1st place overall finish. Can't wait for the next time I get up there to shoot with the Rockcut crew again.

Back
Top Bottom