Thread: Hatsan PCP pump arrived!

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator

Thumbs up Hatsan PCP pump arrived!

My Hatsan PCP pump arrived today & 5 minutes later my Webley Raider was at 200 bar!

It was well packaged, with FAST shipping, Thanks Kelly's! I'll be back again!

Now to hit the range!

Cheers
    Jay

https://www.kellysonline.ca/products/hatsan-pcp-air-rifle-pump
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Hey Jay, I've been looking at these too, any recommendations? Will you be posting a small review? In air rifles and how well this pump works?
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    Hey Jay, I've been looking at these too, any recommendations? Will you be posting a small review? In air rifles and how well this pump works?
    Hey xdmer, initially when I got my Raider I had a friend lend me his Ghermann pcp pump that he uses for his CZ200T. The fittings were not compatible because his CZ200T has a removable air reservoir and the Raider does not. I got to looking around at options, scuba tank, high pressure pump, and pcp hand pumps. A quick cost benefit analysis discounted everything other than the pcp pumps.

So I got looking at cheap options, including pcp pumps from Chinese suppliers. But with no guarantee etc, I then went looking at quality options... Buy once, cry once?

Reading reviews etc online, it became obvious to me that the Hatsan pcp pump was both rugged and well made. When it arrived, a side by side comparison to the Ghermann pcp pump that my buddy lent me, the Hatsan is both larger & more rugged looking.

Not a great pic, but here they are side by side, the Hatsan is taller & larger in diameter. My Raider was at 100 bar when I received it. 5 minutes later, with slow deliberate pumping, I was at 200 bar. I would buy the Hatsan again, it's the cheapest way to charge a PCP.

Cheers
    Jay
    P.S. I'm a ~200 lb guy, and at the end of the pumping process to fill the Raider to 200 bar I was putting all my weight on the pump to push down the last 2-3" and move the air from the pump to the air rifle. Not sure how someone who might be 150 lbs could do it as I was literally lifting my feet off the ground with ALL my weight being required to move the air @ the end.

Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.