Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: beo magazine?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TT_270wsm View Post
    Can you point me where the RCMP made it officially prohibited?
    The RCMP can't make it "officially prohibited". We do have laws and to the best of my knowledge the law does not specifically adress Beowulf magazines. So technically to a logically thinking person they are not illegal. Problem is the RCMP can interpret the vague wording within the laws to form an opinion that suits their agenda. Since they are considered the experts, law enforcement and our judicial system rely upon and favor the RCMP'S "opinion". This is why retailers have stopped selling Beowulf mags. It's not worth their risk factor. I agree there is nothing technically illegal about them but the risk factor is now too high for most people to push their luck in this guilty until proven innocent society us gun owners have to deal with

I saw there was a sticky here about beo mags...even a forum is scared to allow individuals to sell them.. I am always saddened by Canadians bowing to pressure over fear. It's almost like we give them ultimate power over us. In the States we would have a lawyer just clamouring for a piece of the police especially over the infringement of our rights. I personally wish I could get my hands on some of these, They even make be pistol mags.

Last time I checked though, there was still a shop or two still selling Alexander Arms Beo mag...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    some just sold at auction for $75 each

They ARE NOT PROHIBITED! I just bought 3 of them and they are pinned to hold 5 beowulf rounds. They cost me $69.95 (+tax & shipping) each, so buying a 10pak would be expensive. The supplier just had a shipment come in. If they were prohibited, they would not have been exported into Canada. I do not understand the purpose of people making sh!t up.......
    The problem with them is that they are hard to find as the .50 Beowulf is a rare cartridge and not many firearms are chambered for it, therefore production is low. Please don't ask me who the supplier is as 1) they are not part of the CGN suppliers list and advertising their products here is not cool, and 2) They are probably sold out as he had a limited stock, and everybody knew about it.
    Last edited by abb1; 06-13-2017 at 09:11 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by abb1 View Post
    They ARE NOT PROHIBITED! I just bought 3 of them and they are pinned to hold 5 beowulf rounds. They cost me $69.95 (+tax & shipping) each, so buying a 10pak would be expensive. The supplier just had a shipment come in. If they were prohibited, they would not have been exported into Canada. I do not understand the purpose of people making sh!t up.......
    The problem with them is that they are hard to find as the .50 Beowulf is a rare cartridge and not many firearms are chambered for it, therefore production is low. Please don't ask me who the supplier is as 1) they are not part of the CGN suppliers list and advertising their products here is not cool, and 2) They are probably sold out as he had a limited stock, and everybody knew about it.
    How many 223 can you fit in a 5rounds beo?

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    How many 223 can you fit in a 5rounds beo?
    0, they fit 5x beowulf rounds.

Looking at the new version of Bulletin 72 from the RCMP they claim that the Beowulf mag is actually built from a STANAG 5.56 mag like the original Alexander Arms and is therefore dual purpose. But what about the press check ventures ones for example that are purpose built for Beowulf and not a modified GI /STANAG mag?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    The FRT entry is worth a read

The "Canadian Law Comments" section says for FRT #121656.

In the case of AR platform rifles chambered for the 50 Beowulf calibre, the magazine is adapted from the original 5.56x45 NATO version of the magazine but the ability of the magazine to perform as originally designed has not been compromised by the adaption. As a result such magazines are prohibited if they contain more than five 5.56x45 NATO cartridges. The magazines are in effect dual calibre magazines and are prohibited if they exceed five shots capacity of either calibre. An AR platform magazine limited to no more than five 5.56x45 NATO (223 Remington) cartridges will hold no more than two 50 Beowulf cartridges.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Tag for info

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast