Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: beo magazine?

Loving how I got the GTA group buy done and done before these shenanigans. Even sold some online after moving away.

CGN Regular
    The companies knew what they were doing when making a "50 beowulf" magazine. To make it only 50 beowulf or 458 socom You can install a follower into them that is pretty well flat which doesn't allow 5.56 to feed well, if at all. It works for states with mag restrictions like ours. It was a loophole and good while it lasted, now you can get them but at 3x the cost of 10rd pistol mags. May be worth it to some but I personally don't see the need. My opinion though!
    Last edited by matm; 06-13-2017 at 11:57 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    The FRT entry is worth a read
    Do you have a link to the FRT? Bulletin 72 doesn't even mention beowulf.

They're still for sale at retailers on this forum.

They will hold 13-15 depending on the make.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Do you have a link to the FRT? Bulletin 72 doesn't even mention beowulf.
    I copied and pasted the entry. any Canadian firearms retailer can print you a hard copy if you ask for the legal comments on the frt # I posted
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matm View Post
    The companies knew what they were doing when making a "50 beowulf" magazine. To make it only 50 beowulf or 458 socom You can install a follower into them that is pretty well flat which doesn't allow 5.56 to feed well, if at all. It works for states with mag restrictions like ours. It was a loophole and good while it lasted, now you can get them but at 3x the cost of 10rd pistol mags. May be worth it to some but I personally don't see the need. My opinion though!
    doesn't make them anymore legal, you are actually muddying the water further by removing a rivet to disassemble and modify the magazine with an aftermarket follower and then re pinning it to claim it is a purpose built magazine for the 50 Beowulf. This is a huge red flag in the eyes of the RCMP if you are ever stopped and questioned about it.

I take a NR 50 Beowulf rifle out to the woods for both hunting and shooting, as a result I have had a lot of interaction with those enforcing firearms laws (both rcmp and conservation officers) I strongly suggest to follow the legal comments in the FRT table as a result of these interactions
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    AFAIK they have not been officially classified as prohibited.

Rusty Wood TC is selling the unobtainium metal Alexander Arms ones right now. In 5/7 AND 5/10 lengths. Not cheap, but finally a full length 50 Beowulf mag!

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Must looooook away
    Last edited by CJS9999; 06-13-2017 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Calling out all the dummkopf's is rude!
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    Ad mores natura recurrit damnatos, fixa et mutari nescia
    Ubi concordia, ibi victoria
    Fortis fortuna adiuvat

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    doesn't make them anymore legal, you are actually muddying the water further by removing a rivet to disassemble and modify the magazine with an aftermarket follower and then re pinning it to claim it is a purpose built magazine for the 50 Beowulf. This is a huge red flag in the eyes of the RCMP if you are ever stopped and questioned about it.

I take a NR 50 Beowulf rifle out to the woods for both hunting and shooting, as a result I have had a lot of interaction with those enforcing firearms laws (both rcmp and conservation officers) I strongly suggest to follow the legal comments in the FRT table as a result of these interactions
    Pretty much this. Just stick with a pair of LAR-15s and the aluminium coupler (this gives you 20 rounds legally).
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123