Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: beowulf magazine

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SoylentD View Post
    Beowulf magazines are illegal (maybe not illegal, just impossible) to import since the RCMP changed their FRT designation.
    They gotta be pinned to 2 50 beowulf rounds (5 .223) as they are considered dual use.

edit: and hooray you posted this topic twice. Other topic says the same thing.
    Magazines don't get frt entries.

But the frt entry for the beowulf chambred rifles does have a legal comments section... amd in the section the rcmp give an opinion on the mags.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Importer just needs to pin them to 2 and they are good to go. Northern republic and others have been doing this for a while.
    Pinned to 2 for import.....then repin to 5 after they land in Canada? What's the point of Beowulf mag pinned to 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    Pinned to 2 for import.....then repin to 5 after they land in Canada? What's the point of Beowulf mag pinned to 2?
    Importing the magazines is not a problem, please keep in mind due to RCMP regulations we are required to pin them to 5 rounds of 5.56.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

If pinned to 5 beowulf... the rcmp will consider it a prohibited device. That is their published opinion.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    If pinned to 5 beowulf... the rcmp will consider it a prohibited device. That is their published opinion.
    Can they still be sold on the EE privately? I mean ones pinned to 5 rounds of 50 Beo.

BANNED
    I was unaware of this published opinion.....they just keep taking taking taking

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes_270 View Post
    Can they still be sold on the EE privately? I mean ones pinned to 5 rounds of 50 Beo.
    Better question...

Is it legal for you to possess them pinned to 5 rounds of beowulf...

RCMP say no.

So possessing is illegal if that is the case.

As is trafficking a prohibited device.

I was unaware of this published opinion.....they just keep taking taking taking
    Punlished in the frt. So not exactly published for all. Unless you have a user name and password... or the latest frt CD.

BANNED
    Punlished in the frt. So not exactly published for all. Unless you have a user name and password... or the latest frt CD.
    Then how would the average guy know......so many people I know don't even know about CGN

I mean. I have 4 that I bought years ago which were just stamped on the bottom plates. Ive recieved no information in the mail that there is an issue. And I carry around my invoice for them.

So.....meh
    You can use a rifle as a doorjamb or paperweight, but that's not what it's designed for. It's not what the rifle, in its soul, longs to do.