Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: beowulf magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Rich LPS View Post
    Shawn,

I don't need to prove anything to you, I'm just trying to explain what the law says. When someone is charged they will be defending their selves in-front of a Judge, at their expense.

Good luck trying to explain that your Beowulf magazine is not "capable of containing more than five cartridges of the type for which the magazine was originally designed". It's cute rhetoric to say that the FRT is not law, are you saying that it will not be presented and used to assist the Court? Quite the opposite. It's easy to say what you want on the internet and sometimes mislead others but quite different when you are facing the criminal charge and standing in court trying to defend yourself.

Rich
    And no one needs to prove anything to you despite what you seem to think.

Sorry to break it to you but the FRT is not law. No matter what BS you claim. And any one can bring anything to a court case, that does not make it law. The only one misleading anyone is you, claiming that what you feel comfortable with some how makes that the law. The law says what it says everything else is you claiming something it does not say.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Currently I know of two people who were charged with 50 Beo Mags. One the charges were dropped and mags returned, the other the charges were dropped in exchange for the mags.

The fact that nobody has completed your Step 2, despite the widespread use of the magazines (Cops could have a hay-day at most Tactical rifle/3 gun/ect match) makes me question how motivated they are to do anything about this particular change. Something would have to change before using 50 Beo mags is dealt with the same as if you had a 30rd mag without a rivet (legally they're the same thing according to RCMP interpretation - prohibited magazines.)

While the law never changed, interpretations can and do. I can see the RCMP's argument that the Beo Mags are just modified 556 mags and thus there is no such thing as a 50 Beowulf magazine, it would be interesting to know what would cause them to change their opinion. Personally, I have no damn idea whether its a 556 magazine thats been modified to work better with the 50 Beo, or if they are somehow unique in design. What I do know is whether the RCMP are right or wrong, I can't afford a lawyer to fight it either way.

I'm thinking the only one who can prove its a unique design is Alexander Arms, and from what I hear they won't cough up any info on it.
    That's the thing they know they don't have a leg to stand on so they either give up or scare the person into a plea. Which is exactly why this will never see court

Shawn

CGN frequent flyer
    hoplite tactical supplies .... still has a bunch ... and a bunch of our money.

VinnyQC,

Please do share details on the cases you speak of? One of the cases widely reported on Gunnutz is not accurate. The other one in Ontario had an accused charged with drug offences and a plea was taken on the case and the prohibited items (secondary charges to the narcotics charges) were not returned....wonder why.

Shawn, you sound very emotional. Good luck and I challenge you to test your theory. Call the Police of jurisdiction in your area and advise them of your intentions with details of date and time of use. Then maybe we can see how you will fair in Court. Don't kid yourself, there are Crown Prosecutors who will gladly take one of these cases. The widely held belief that Alexander Arms has completely redesigned the AR15 FOW's magazine and "made it a new design soely for 50 Beowulf" is a dangerous position. As I've stated before please test it for us and let us know how you fair.
    Once again, I wish these were legal, I want them to be legal.....but I'm a realist. Hate to side with the RCMP but their legal determination is sound on this matter.

CBSA will seize any Beowulf mags they find that are not pinned to a max capacity of 5 rounds of 223 Remington. Are these seizures unlawful? Please challenge them if you think so. Better yet, try and bring some Beowulf mags pinned to 5 rounds of Beowulf through a Port of Entry, declare them and you might get your chance.

Rich
    Last edited by Rich LPS; 02-17-2018 at 01:30 AM.

CGN frequent flyer thegrandpoohbah's Avatar
    Ok, I have not read through this entire thread but good grief. Who needs anti's? We are our own worst enemies...

The widely held belief that Alexander Arms has completely redesigned the AR15 FOW's magazine and "made it a new design soely for 50 Beowulf"
    Go ahead and quote a single person that has said that or where the law stats any of that BS. It nothing more than BS you made up to make your BS sound reasonable. Just because you parrot it a lot does not make it fact.

Once again, I wish these were legal, I want them to be legal.....but I'm a realist.
    They are legal, have always been legal and will be legal until the law is changed. Which it has not. I could not care less what you want, but you making up BS to support the decision you can too about these mags does not change the law.

CBSA will seize any Beowulf mags they find that are not pinned to a max capacity of 5 rounds of 223 Remington.
    And?

They also confiscate perfectly legal knives and gun parts as well. Does that make all those thing illegal as well?

Are these seizures unlawful?
    Yes

Whether or not the RCMP or CBSA might or might not break the law and charge some who did not break the law does not change what the law says. No matter how much you want it too.

Shawn

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Go ahead and quote a single person that has said that or where the law stats any of that BS. It nothing more than BS you made up to make your BS sound reasonable. Just because you parrot it a lot does not make it fact.

They are legal, have always been legal and will be legal until the law is changed. Which it has not. I could not care less what you want, but you making up BS to support the decision you can too about these mags does not change the law.

And?

They also confiscate perfectly legal knives and gun parts as well. Does that make all those thing illegal as well?

Yes

Whether or not the RCMP or CBSA might or might not break the law and charge some who did not break the law does not change what the law says. No matter how much you want it too.

Shawn
    The fact they were once legal means nothing. Can't bring in new cz858s, they're prohib and will be deemed a new model that's not covered by the exemption in place for the ones already in the country. Alternatively, the t97 was once prohib, and the folding stocked PARs were originally restricted based on overall length. The RCMP can and does change their mind on stuff, and while their interpretation is not law, nor is yours - only a judge can decide that.

Also, whether or not the RCMP has enough evidence to get a conviction does not change their ability to press charges.

The law does say a magazines capacity is based on the caliber for which it was originally designed. The RCMP claim 50 Beo mags are not an original design, but rather modified 556 mags. If that was the case, they would be subject to a 5rd of 556 limit.

The thing is nobody can prove one way or the other what's legal. At least, nobody on CGN can. People have tried to get info to prove the 50 Beo mags are of a unique design but either Alexander arms can't provide any proof, or just won't.

If the RCMP let these in under the assumption they are not just modified 556 mags, and then later learned they were then their recent change in interpretation would be basically expected. Getting it right is more important than covering your arse if you got it wrong before.
    Last edited by Suther; 02-17-2018 at 03:43 AM.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thegrandpoohbah View Post
    Ok, I have not read through this entire thread but good grief. Who needs anti's? We are our own worst enemies...
    It certainly seems that way sometimes .
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

stop,making cgn look like a bunch of,hell fill in the blank

Agree to disagree folks and leave it at that please. Go to your happy place...the range.
    "Don't confuse effort with results."