Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: beowulf magazine

People I stand corrected don't go buy legal XCR-L 7.62X39 10 round magazines for your AR15 and put 13 rounds of 223 as they will not function properly. I just got the magazines this week for one of my AR 15's I converted to 7.62x39 and I stated that they took 13 rounds of 223/5.54 and they looked good but didn't try racking them yet in my AR 15 to see how they feed, well I did this morning cycling them through and they failed very badly. I hope know one went out and bought any based on my incorrect technical information sorry CGN Regular. Ended up buying just 10 round magazines in 7.62x39 and 223 today to stock up.
    Last edited by abhiker; 02-18-2018 at 11:25 AM. Reason: I provided incorrect technical info

Quote Originally Posted by abhiker View Post
    People go buy some legal XCR 7.62X39 10 round magazines for your AR15 put 13 rounds of 223 and be happy I know I am.
    That's 3 less than the Beowulf and 3 more than the LAR15 mags.

Conundrum.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Will they prosecute though... that is the question. Seeing as the federal government by way of two agencies did permit them for a time... that would make them complicit.
    Technically, the verdict should be not guilty. First, the law should be interpreted to the benefit of the accused as the accused could have understand it. Second, opinion of RCMP is just opinion, not law. Third, that opinion is not even available to everybody. There are also a few factors that may play.

However, as I mentioned before, it seems someone at RCMP decided to go "soft regulations", which is clever in my opinion. What does it mean? It means that (a) businesses will stay away from stinky product, (b) CBSA will use FRT to deny import (which gives an extra force to (a)), and (c) some people will consider to stay away as well, "just in case". Once "problem" contained or limited, it may not be a problem anyway.

Bad behaviour? Not as bad as some municipalities pass the laws that are clearly unenforceable and have zero value (but people would follow) or some government officials admitted that they clearly lied to people that an activity is illegal while they knew that there is nothing to limit (never mind to prohibit) such activity (yes, a few admitted that they told people that hunting in that area is illegal while it was not).

Bottom line? Unless a court made a decision or the law clearly set something up, do not trust an official. Plus, get everything in writing.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich LPS View Post
    VinnyQC,

Please do share details on the cases you speak of? One of the cases widely reported on Gunnutz is not accurate. The other one in Ontario had an accused charged with drug offences and a plea was taken on the case and the prohibited items (secondary charges to the narcotics charges) were not returned....wonder why.

Shawn, you sound very emotional. Good luck and I challenge you to test your theory. Call the Police of jurisdiction in your area and advise them of your intentions with details of date and time of use. Then maybe we can see how you will fair in Court. Don't kid yourself, there are Crown Prosecutors who will gladly take one of these cases. The widely held belief that Alexander Arms has completely redesigned the AR15 FOW's magazine and "made it a new design soely for 50 Beowulf" is a dangerous position. As I've stated before please test it for us and let us know how you fair.
    Once again, I wish these were legal, I want them to be legal.....but I'm a realist. Hate to side with the RCMP but their legal determination is sound on this matter.

CBSA will seize any Beowulf mags they find that are not pinned to a max capacity of 5 rounds of 223 Remington. Are these seizures unlawful? Please challenge them if you think so. Better yet, try and bring some Beowulf mags pinned to 5 rounds of Beowulf through a Port of Entry, declare them and you might get your chance.

Rich
    BC idiots tend to create a bad law. It reminds me about the empty mag case law fiasco. Despite the court decision available to show that disassembled magazine is fine, the self represented idiot went to court only to loose the case. Once case is lost, the appeal was a looser (given the climate regarding gun laws in the country). Had that moron contacted NRA or CSSA or any lawyer, the result would be clearly different. Bottom line to remember, call for help. Prosecutor is not only a lawyer, but is paid to prepare for the case and to search the law that is most beneficial (but often forgetting the law on your side). Are you doing the same? There are lawyers on cgn who may help you for free. Make noise. If I see it and I have time, I'll help you and so would do, probably, others.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Savage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Go ahead and quote a single person that has said that or where the law stats any of that BS. It nothing more than BS you made up to make your BS sound reasonable. Just because you parrot it a lot does not make it fact.
    Actually Alexander Arms original advertising did in fact state that the there cartridges were comparable with the Stanag magazines . In recent years the magazines Alexander Arms did change there cartridge capacity to meet state magazine requirements .

They are legal, have always been legal and will be legal until the law is changed. Which it has not. I could not care less what you want, but you making up BS to support the decision you can too about these mags does not change the law.
    Shawn Keep believing what you like it is a free country and if you you get caught with them know this that a lot of people here including me will help you with your go fund me legal fees .
    And?

They also confiscate perfectly legal knives and gun parts as well. Does that make all those thing illegal as well?
    What perfectly legal knives and parts do they confiscate ???
    Life is Great Death is Peaceful
    It is the the Transition that is troublesome
    Mom & Dad I will cherish your memories forever you will be for ever loved
    Annette June 08,1931-April 23,2010
    Russ July 19,1931-March 17,2004
    Keiv were the Women Are SMOKIN HOT

CGN Regular please see my corrected posting.

Last edited by SKS45; 02-18-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abhiker View Post
    CGN Regular please see my corrected posting.
    Affter reading your post i tried to run my 7.62 mags with .223 and had the same results. I was so freaking hopefull as it would have saved me a bunch of $$ oh well.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789