Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discontinue Your Law Enforcement Discount

Discontinue Your Law Enforcement Discount

Why is Wolverine Supplies still offering Law Enforcement Discount to the RCMP?

https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/mi...aw-enforcement

I would have stop doing any business or offering any service to the RCMP when they screwed you guys over by declaring the Spartan CZ 858 prohibited.

I am not telling you how you should run your business, but I will not be selling firearms to anyone who wants take what is legally mine away from me, be they robbers or the RCMP. I raised this question in one of the threads and I got a few responses.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamazing View Post
    Because the Rank and File RCMP officers and other LEOs have as much to do with the civilian staffed RCMP firearm lab as you do.

They are liberal minded politicians that work for the RCMP most of them are political science majors and social engineers. These types of people work for the DND as well
    Other LEOs like those municipal police forces can still get the discount, because they are not RCMP.

Why hasn't any RCMP officers spoken out about these decisions? Why hasn't I read any thread on there that tells the story of a RCMP officer catching someone with a 10+RD 10/22 magazine and letting the guy go and telling the guy that he thinks the ruling is stupid? Why isn't there any RCMP officers in their uniform taking a selfie with a picture that read, "I will not disarm law abiding gun owners." Remember, the soldier that carry out an illegal order is just as guilty as the superior that gave the order.

Quote Originally Posted by KeltecFan View Post
    It's not the guys on the job doing this to us.
    Are they following the order from above? If so, then they are just as guilty as Bob Paulson. Nuremberg defense just doesn't work.

Instead of hijacking that thread, I decided to start a new thread to raise this question.

In New Zealand, a gun range refuse to rent their facility to their police over their gun laws. In US, numerous arms manufactures refuse to do business with Californian law enforcement agencies over THEIR gun law. Why can't gun clubs, ranges, and businesses do something similar? If the Manitoba CFO is extorting you and threatening to suspend your firearms business licence or raid you if you don't offer them discounts, you need to speak out. This is the only reason I can think of as to why stores are still offering LEOs discount and ranges still renting to RCMP.

As for me, I talk the talk, I will walk the walk. While I don't own a gun store and I am to new too train anybody, I will do something similar.

Next time I go donate blood, I am going to ask Canada Blood Services if they can add a note to my bag of blood that states, "I do not want this to be given to a RCMP officer." I am also thinking about becoming an organ donor, I will probably add the same note, "I do not want any of my organ donated to any RCMP member or their families."
    Last edited by Label; 06-14-2017 at 10:41 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Ummmmmm......
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

It's not the rank and file...it's the politicians in the upper echelon causing the sh1t.
    "Na množství nehleďte"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    You had some momentum going with this thread.... but you went flat on your face with the blood and organ doner bit.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

Quote Originally Posted by joe n View Post
    It's not the rank and file...it's the politicians in the upper echelon causing the sh1t.
    +1 and members got absolutely no control over those firearms ruling.

Umm wow..

I agree, the blood and organ donor bit is a little out there, but I also agree with the basic premise. True, the rank and file aren't involved in making the policy but they are involved in enforcing it. If they start reporting back up the chain that they're seeing grassroots blowback from their policies, maybe that'll help get the upper level guys to back off.

Edit: For that matter, maybe we should be doing some grassroots lobbying as well. If you know an RCMP officer, tell them what you think of this policy and ask them to relay it up the chain. Let them know that we think this policy isn't helping with anything and is in fact causing people to lose respect for the force. It's better to get a dialog going instead of just letting this build up until it turns into outright civil disobedience.
    Last edited by Ghost Snake; 06-14-2017 at 10:39 PM.
    Nothing changes until people start dying, usually by starvation.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaclocker View Post
    +1 and members got absolutely no control over those firearms ruling.
    Befehl ist Befehl (German for "an order is an order") doesn't work. These so-call rank and file are still following order from above and carrying them out, aren't they? Then they are as guilty as the upper echelon.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverMeat View Post
    You had some momentum going with this thread.... but you went flat on your face with the blood and organ doner bit.
    It's my blood and organ, but you are right, I should probably keep this between myself and the nurse that screens me.

In my opinion you make a great argument, business owner could just say "discount!, didnt your boss just try to bankrupt me?", and the guys on the front lines don't seem to want to stick up for us, or at least are very quiet about it. I work union industrial sector, we would call that bag licking.
    On a side note, I am sure I read that law enforcement does not swear an oath to uphold canadian values but to protect the interest of the crown. So I would start to make changes right there

Also it feels like they pick and chose when and how to enforce these laws, such as dispenseries, homeless people panhandling in the streets etc...

If the RCMP can paint all gun owners (legal or otherwise) with the same brush then I'm okay with returning the favor.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast