Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Discontinue Your Law Enforcement Discount

I'll always support LE and MIL. No matter what their orders, they didn't sign up for the new policies.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scruffee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Label View Post
    Why is Wolverine Supplies still offering Law Enforcement Discount to the RCMP?

Next time I go donate blood, I am going to ask Canada Blood Services if they can add a note to my bag of blood that states, "I do not want this to be given to a RCMP officer." I am also thinking about becoming an organ donor, I will probably add the same note, "I do not want any of my organ donated to any RCMP member or their families."
    Dude... You have some serious issues. Don't like the stores policy? Don't shop there. I'm in the military, don't blame me for shyte the higher ups or Gov't makes us do, same goes for LEO...
    "Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will" - T-Dog Roosevelt

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Label View Post
    Why hasn't any RCMP officers spoken out about these decisions? Why hasn't I read any thread on there that tells the story of a RCMP officer catching someone with a 10+RD 10/22 magazine and letting the guy go and telling the guy that he thinks the ruling is stupid? Why isn't there any RCMP officers in their uniform taking a selfie with a picture that read, "I will not disarm law abiding gun owners." Remember, the soldier that carry out an illegal order is just as guilty as the superior that gave the order.
    For starters most officers show a lot of discretion. And bragging about discretion given is stupid, because like it or not we can still get in massive crap for ignoring or allowing laws to be broken. They are still laws, and even if it won't make you happy, me writing something like "go shoot your handguns in the bush or farmers field I don't care" or "if you take your 9mm pistol out, take your 9mm rifle so you can explain the empty cases", etc etc, can only serve to get everyone in crap. Me hypothetically telling someone to their face in my mind is far more meaningful than posting it on CGN for the sake of anonymous people who post things as crass as refusing a dying officer lifesaving medical treatments.
    Don't take it the wrong way, but in what world should I go to bat to post on the internet for someone who'd never go to bat for me. As far as posting photos? Until someone successfully defends themselves in court, or takes the RCMP to court over it, calling it an "illegal" order is sadly(in every sense of the word) not true. Also I've never come across a 10/22 magazine since. What are the odds.

Most of us have our own line in the sand. I have my personal views on what should/shouldn't be enforced, I'll be damned if I'm going to put it in print for your sake. Let's just say I used to clean and work on many unregistered firearms for friends and folks in the village I policed. Funny none of them got charged for anything. I don't know the German words for "that's strange eh?", but *insert here*.

I personally agree 500% that the RCMP needs to be reigned in on the highest levels, the RCMP shouldn't run the lab, or classify firearms, or anything like that. There has to be oversight. I won't be posting any selfies, but I will continue to abide by my personal beliefs, and do what I do. And blaming me for what the RCMP lab decides is silly. We're working schmoes. Sure there are bad apples. But there are in every job, every office, every worksite. I do what I can to educate people on our laws, how retarded they are, how pointless they are, how personally I'd rather run into someone in the bush with a 9mm than a benelli semi auto in 300 win mag (as my vest might stop the 9mm...) to enable gun purchases, to help people sell. I'm very vocal about all of that. A lot of us are. But we're out there saying it to people's faces instead of being on here preaching to the choir. Is it better for me to convince 10 non CGN/Internet forum people/VOTERS how stupid our gun laws are or sit here and perform the written equivalent of jerking off for you, because that's all the good it would do. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows C68 and our firearms act is a load of crap already.

You want to punish working stiffs for something carpet "cops"/politicians and anonymous lab rats who answer to nobody do in Ottawa.

Makes sense.

And if you think us making complaints to our superiors will change anything right now, keep in mind the following. We have no union or association, no representation of any kind. We're in professional limbo.

Also keep in mind this group of superiors you want us to move against is currently on Labour Code trial for the murder of 3 RCMP officers in Moncton, very publicly plead not guilty and have ignored numerous professional reports over the last 20 years stating how they are in the wrong and NEED to change their ways. But they're going to listen to Cst. Jon. working in a small village policing 2 of the poorest reserves in Saskatchewan.

I'll get right on that.

(PS I've bought 3 guns this year, another for my neighbour who had me hunt down a rifle for him, and brokered a sale of a handgun from a friend to a member on this site. I heard about a guy, definitely not me, another guy, or girl, I forget his or her name or where they work. The story is this mystery person, hasn't charged anybody even though they've had numerous unsecured firearms stolen out of houses by people who aren't licensed to own them to begin with. Because they are the victims.)

But when the time comes for the selfie, do you want me in day to day uniform or red serge? Dealers choice. Let me know.

Super Moderator
    This is a business' forum. The business pays for this forum. It is not a discussion forum.

Wow! I come in to work, switch on my computer and have 4 pages of this misdirected crap!

Thank you Jon and some others for stating the obvious, it saves me a lot of time.

Wolverine Supplies will continue to offer a 5 % discount to LE and Military members, we see this as a courtesy gesture to the men and woman who often have to place themselves in dangerous situations and receive a lot of #### and abuse carrying out a thankless task in making Canada a safe country to raise our family’s in. Most of the time this is carried out without the support of our legal system and with limited resources due to restrictive budgets, also RCMP members do not have a union to support them. Remember also that the LE members who take advantage of our discount are also civilian gun owners, they support us, we need more of them.

Once again the RCMP CFC have put out a “Bulletin” I don’t believe this is law but they will no doubt adopt this as their policy, no different to the FRT and their magazine announcements.

For what it is worth I know that most if not all, RCMP Divisions have not received any notification about changes in the law relating to Ruger 10/22 magazines because there have been no changes to the law.

In my opinion, I believe these “Bulletins” originate with the RCMP SFSS, we all know this is headed by Mr Murray Smith, I understand that the SFSS is staffed with civilian employees’, they are not even legitimate RCMP officers.

We all, as firearm owners need to encourage our shooting organisations to attack the root cause of our problem, the fact that the Liberal Government is happy to have the RCMP SFSS announce their opinions as if they are law, rather than be distracted to fight among ourselves and blame serving RCMP Officers at the grass roots level.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234