Thread: Expedition Kayak

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar

Expedition Kayak

Point 65 Kevlar XP-18

We have a demo one in Black/White in stock and on sale!! It was paddled twice locally to try out. We can delivery as well within certain areas.

Found here on the website.

If you want a fast kayak that can do multiday trips and carry all your gear without sacrificing performance, then this is the one. Completely kevlar making this 18' kayak lighter than most 13'+ plastic kayaks.

I paddle an XP18 myself and did a 6 day Kingston to Ottawa paddle no problem with gear.

A legend is born
    Faster. More stable. A lean, mean, touring machine, the XP18 is the first of a new series of kayaks. All with exceptional glide, consuming mile after mile with little effort.

The increase of both speed and stability makes the XP18 truly unique.

Award winning Design Engineer Magnus de Brito, took our fastest touring kayak and completely reshaped it, giving the hull a longer waterline and more refined curves.

The XP 18 is a very fast touring kayak with the aggressive appearance of an adventure racing craft – and the performance to match. Using highly advanced hydrodynamic design technology, the XP 18 has a markedly improved stabilty, maneuverabilty and speed.

Great primary and secondary stability offers beginners and expedition paddlers alike a fast ride, even in the most challenging conditions. Your heaviest gear will barely slow it down – this is an ideal expedition kayak. The XP 18īs maneuverabilty is unparalleled among touring kayaks with super responsive steering through it’s liftable rudder (optional). The fitted retractable skeg will incraese tracking when winds and currents are working against you.

Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

We have some other kayaks in stock and ready to go as well!

They can be found here on the website.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Can you suggest a kayak that would fit a 185 male and 8 year old kid for day trips in reletively calm lakes and rivers? Possibly an over nighter but no crazy expeditions. Also recommend a roof thingie for a 4runner?
    Sorry if this sounds retarded

What I'd suggest is looking at some of the tandem inflatable kayaks. It's not something we carry at this time but would work for you.

Regular plastic tandems with space for gear would be a pain to put on the roof of the 4 runner.