Thread: Future Reclassification or prohibited issue?

Future Reclassification or prohibited issue?

Hi,
    Been out of gun politics for awhile....kinda got screwed with the 4" barrel ban...their goes my future luger purchase....dam I hate being poor....

Question: If I get a gun today, and tomorrow RCMP decides to make it a prohibitive status....why will happen? will I automatically get a prohibitive license upgrade (grandfathered) or do I have to get rid of it?

Question 2: Is there a list of potential guns that might become prohibited?

Super Moderator
    1. No. Unless there is legislation (which is beyond the scope of the RCMP) which establishes additional grandfathering.
    2. There is a list of firearms proposed for prohibition.

CGN Regular
    What is on the list?
    Where can one find this list?
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Diversity is Strength

unclear....no future grandfathering as it stands?
    and where's the list?
    Just watched youtube...average american has 3 guns....average canadian has 20 guns....looks like I need to buy another 6 guns
    CCFR and NFA member. 2 Gun Range member. IPSC, IPDA, SASS, 3-Gun.

With the present atmosphere, everything is on the list. Is it black? Does it look scary? Does it look like something that's prohibited? Is it semi-auto. Is there a possibility that you could alter it to make it prohibited? Does it have a magazine? If it has a wood stock, could you put it in a different stock to make it look scary? Does it have a scope? Because that could be a high-powered sniper rifle. Does it have a threaded barrel? Because you might actually think about attaching a suppressor. Does it have a pistol grip? Could you put a pistol grip on it? And of course: DOES IT HAVE A SHOULDER THINGY THAT GOES UP?
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.